Shrimp lovin'

Aquathumb

This morning at 8:18 am I witnessed for the first time shrimp doing the deed! interesting thing is the pair that joined up!

Farther:

2013-02-12%252019.06.23.jpg

Mother:

2013-02-13%252010.20.04.jpg

I had not intended to breed these two but did not have another tank setup for Mr and Mrs black (what a hussy!)

Should be very interesting indeed!

Great. With all the variants out there, why not.....pls do update us once the shrimplets start showing colour/patterns. Interesting to see the mix, and combo.

Yes Rockstar was a very naughty boy indeed! (I know I'm weird for naming my shrimp?!)

I most certainly will update with more pics as I take them! I cant wait to see what comes of this combo... by the way the female was fairly blue when i first got her!

That's a Malaysian Trumpet Snail. I have a few million... want some? lol

There the ones that dig and churn up the soil, and can cause the tank to get cloudy ?

They dig and churn up the substrate (witch aerates it) but certainly doesn't cause the tank to get cloudy... But they breed as fast as rams-horns :( not quite as irritating as they do not lay eggs, they have live young that are mini versions of the adults much like shrimp :)

They are quite beneficial to planted tanks if you don't mind the look of them.

I can just imagine the young looking like easy care (as in no chiller needed) CBS, I know I will be very interested in how the offspring turn out.

And sometimes the best chance or unplanned breedings bring about the best results.

Ps Love the black soon to be Momma girl

I can just imagine the young looking like easy care (as in no chiller needed) CBS
I hope so! It was not my intention but now that im thinking about it i'm super excited!
wow cool cross!!!! blacks rillis? I HOPE SO!!!!!! :)
omg, dont say that now ill be disappointed if they are not black rilli's! lol