breeding age

ineke

• HOF Member

Hi again,

can you tell me at what age RCS start breeding. I have some little shrimp that I presume are boys who are madly following the big males in search of a female. These little fellows can be no more than 6 weeks max. They are quite nicely coloured too but it is just funny seeing the little things following in the wake of the breeders.

Cheers

Ineke

Well I would be comparing to females of the same age. With my cherries, I found that the females start developing saddles at around 6 weeks of age. So the males would probably be developing equivalently.

• HOF Member

Thanks Heavyd then I have some quite red boys, Will have to see if it continues to develop so they may be candidates for the breeding program of 2OFUS. We need some coloured boys.

• HOF Member

They are following the big boys so they are interested in something! These little fellows showed colour within 24 hours of hatching and were really easy to see on the black gravel -hope they are males and their colour gets stronger as they mature (does that happen do they colour more) anyway they are from the females I sent Jess so hope she gets babies like them

Cheers

Ineke