Sign in to follow this  
Gbang

show us your rilli shrimp!!! :)

Jag Aquatics

Next week lotto is 70 million so I will try to win that them :p

Dean

if you win the 70million lotto next week i will send you 69 Snow white rilli with free postage :)

BlueBolts

That snow white & blue rill is absolutely awesome .....woweee.....thanks for sharing Dean......wowee

Loach

woah! Those snow white tillis are amazing Dean! Are you the first in the world?

Dean

Glad you all like the SW rilli. Not the first in the world or even Australia :(

They are a program I am working on with a few shrimp breeder friends and cannot take all the credit

For them.

GMD shrimp collective ;)

NoGi
Glad you all like the SW rilli.

Feel free to send them my way if you want some close macro shots. :barbershop_quartet_

Dean

@ nogi, now that's an untaped market and good way to make a name in the shrimp hobby.

Gino

is deffinately not a sw but she is my favorite rilli atm

Rili.jpg

HexaD

wow, , keep up the great work, can't wait to see more new breeding results! simply awesome

Gbang

amazing pics guys this is such an awesome thread!!! love the snoe white and blue rilli!!!!!!!!!

Heavyd

Fantastic looking shrimp! I love the snow white rili.

alvinchan80

All the nice rili shrimps!!!

I have a blue bolt rili, will find a chance to take a photo to show you guys.. It looks like a Snow White rili actually, just with slight blue tint...

This red rili is taken 1.5~2yrs ago when I still keeping them.. :)

post-132-139909846637_thumb.jpg

lachie1998

My female rilli, i have a male some were but i havent seen him in awhile

1A2C5F3B-32A8-4BAE-9BDD-3C37A65A401A-3835-000008B744BE8D52.jpg

need to get some more red rilli as they look so cool :D

NoGi

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The rillis I've been taking photos off for this thread have disappeared from my nano. Nowhere in sight. They are gone. :(

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• sdlTBfanUK
      I tried Brita JUG (and still  have it) but it didn't work for the shrimp (It did reduce TDS but not much), though I was keeping Caridina shrimp. I would say don't bother wasting tme with other makes as you don't really know what they remove so just get the zerowater and you know it produces RO equivalent water and removes probably ALL things bad for shrimps. It is meant for human consumption but I am not convinced such pure water is ideal for humans except for hydration during excercise maybe?? As you plan to keep cherry shrimp you could try it but I would try just a few shrimp in a bowl for a few days to a week first. If the brita doesn't filter out something like copper (? just an example) or other toxic to shrimp things then you don't want to have contaminated the soil/tank etc. It may even be a better idea to get both, the brita for personal use and the zerowater just for the tank, https://www.amazon.com.au/ZeroWater-10-Cup-Pitcher-Filtration-System/dp/B0073PZ6O0 I just found this when I did a search for 'zerowater australia' that will show you the difference, just look at the 'which water filter is best?' page: https://www.yourbestdigs.com/reviews/zerowater-vs-brita/#which-is-best  Simon
    • Subtlefly
      So you can do it just through fine filtration? How would zero water co compare to something like this or even multi stage cartridge undersink filter you think? https://www.bunnings.com.au/brita-filtered-water-tap_p5090423 I am trying to figure out what is best for human drinking as well as fishtank but maybe this is two different things? thanks for your wisdom, have a great day sub  
    • sdlTBfanUK
      I use tap water through this jug and it produces the same as RO water, TDS 000 hence the name They are readily obtainable around the world (amazon, ebay and some countries UK/USA in shops) and cheap enough. They are slow to filter though so probably not practical for a very large tank. You could start with one though and if everything  goes to plan with the tank then get a full RO down the line. Each filter does about 100L of MY water. https://zerowater.co.uk/?variant=48184661572 You will need to re-mieralise the water with GH/KH+ as you would with RO water! Simon
    • Subtlefly
      Hi team, So more (possibly dumb) questions.  As I have explained in other posts we have a concrete tank under our house for rainwater - I am going to test the parameters of this water before any use in shrimp tank.. but say I want my family to have filtered water - if I put in an undersink two or three stage cartridge filter (lets say ceramic and carbon)  to filter the tap water - is this good enough for use in a tank - do you really need to go to the extent of an RO system? Thanks for you insight and have a great day sub
    • Blazepelt
      I recently did a simple scape in my 5 gallon shrimp tank just using spiderwood and the result is awesome I don’t have any shrimp in the tank yet but there’s loads of nooks and point on the driftwood that shrimp can sit on and pick off. I think with the shallow tank some emerging wood with moss growing on it would look awesome. And then some small rocks where the wood comes out of the substrate. Maybe 3 or 4 for each price of wood. Then I used a dark inert substrate sand that’s quite coarse which means I can still clean it without sucking it all up. And as for growing plants often shrimp don’t require hard to keep plants but if you do want to keep some fancier root feeders just grab some root tabs.    B I recently did a simple scape in my 5 gallon shrimp tank just using spiderwood and the result is awesome I don’t have any shrimp in the tank yet but there’s loads of nooks and point on the driftwood that shrimp can sit on and pick off. I think with the shallow tank some emerging wood with moss growing on it would look awesome. And then some small rocks where the wood comes out of the substrate. Maybe 3 or 4 for each price of wood. Then I used a dark inert substrate sand that’s quite coarse which means I can still clean it without sucking it all up. And as for growing plants often shrimp don’t require hard to keep plants but if you do want to keep some fancier root feeders just grab some root tabs.    B Whoops did it twice.