killing hydra

gowland

im going to use panacur in my tank today. im a bit nervouse tho as i only want the hydra gone. will it kill all other living things in my tank?

I've got no experience with panacur, no planaria etc...as I avoid anything that MAY potentially distrupt the tank......if you do decide to go ahead, just do water changes after the recommended time, and keep an eye on any ammonia spikes etc....

Alternatively, I zap them with hydro peroxide (spot dosing with a syringe/pipet) when I see them .....after a few days, they're gone !.....overfeeding also encourage them.

i was going to use the peroxide method but there are hundreds all over my sponge. they are now starting to spread on to the glass. thanks bb il think about it some before i use anything :)

Presume it's a shrimp tank ? If not adding gouramis or mollies would eradicate them, or if it is, removing the shrimps (depending on numbers...). As a suggestion, remove your sponge filter, zap them outside your tank, and keep at em, until eradicated ? if there are hundreds, using panacur will probably cause spike....so perhaps a compromise between the two methods would be best ?

i went and purchased two gouramis and two mollies also gave my sponge a good clean. im happy to say most of the hydras and thanks to the fish most of the snails are gone :D i will now keep on top of the little suckers. thanks for all the sugestions :)