Lowering TDS

Squiggle

Just wondering how you would lower TDS? Other than using RO water or is RO the only way? :encouragement:

Yeah I thought so, it's not like ph or gh that you can add something to the tank to reduce them, but then I guess if you add something to the tank if would raise the TDS, is this correct?

Good point Daydream, I'll have to check my rainwater tanks, just waiting for my TDS pen in the mail :D

make sure you check the ph of your rain water. I used rainwater from the recent flooding up here and the ph bottomed out the test kit. 6.2 or lower. Water straight from the sky into container.

If you dont have accsess to RO water you can add a liter or two of distilled water from the supermarket. I have a RO unit if you have a container or a bucket id be happy to fill it up for you tomorrow when you pop over.

Doh! I love to but I don't have a clean drum, I'll have to swing by Bunnings & pick one up, maybe in a couple of weeks, thanks :D

I believe activated carbon will do it too, you can even re use it, just have to keep re activating it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • HOF Member
I believe activated carbon will do it too' date=' you can even re use it, just have to keep re activating it.[/quote']

How do you reactivate carbon

How do you reactivate carbon

I think the resin is reactivatable not the carbon. In saying that activated carbon can be reactivated if my memory serves by heating it at extreme temps but the costs and labor to do so it will be better to buy new carbon.

• HOF Member
I think the resin is reactivatable not the carbon. In saying that activated carbon can be reactivated if my memory serves by heating it at extreme temps but the costs and labor to do so it will be better to buy new carbon.

Thanks CNgo was just curious