• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JonX

• Squiggle

• CNgo2006

• BlueBolts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With the hype of tiger bees, I have thrown in a crystal red shrimp into the tiger division in hope to start breeding pinto pattern shrimp. With the f1 I will cross back with taiwan bee and then who knows where I'll go from there. I have a selection of King Kong, Panda, Tiger and Blue Bolt to play with.

selected crs to mate with tiger

rms2.jpghtia.jpg8fly.jpg

potential mate

vt7g.jpgbyjc.jpg

Full tank shot

wf5w.jpg

heart and soul of the operation

0vpm.jpg

Later on I will move the Eheim filter for the 2nd tank into the cabinet and move the chiller on the outside. I have a spare chiller to connect once it gets warmer. On the left side there is plenty of room for another 2foot tank. I will convince the mrs in 6 months. =)

1lz.jpg

close up I can see eyes. Just a few more days for this mamma.

dg8f.jpg

Keep us posted. Im thinking about setting another 3 x 4 foot tanks in a stand and dividing them how wide are your divisions

Keep us posted. Im thinking about setting another 3 x 4 foot tanks in a stand and dividing them how wide are your divisions

no worries. I've opted for 2ft tanks because in the event I have to move it would be easier to move a smaller tank than a larger tank. My tanks are 60cm long and 40cm wide. One of them is 40cm high and the other tank is 30cm high. I think 30cm is too low as I am bending down to look into the tank.

I got a phone call from mum yesterday. She says ' nearly all the fish and shrimp are dead'.

My 30cm cube which is at my parents house has been growing very well. My parents like the green. Everything is nice green healthy happy and fat.

I decided to add co2 to help grow bucelephalandra but must have the co2 on too high and the poor creatures inside suffocated to death.

I feel very bad for those little critters that perished. 5 or so fish survived.

30cm cube growing strong

ub79.jpg

2 peppermint catfish, 7 pygmy corydoras, 8 galaxy rasboras, 2 otto catfish, 4 gold pencil fish, red rilli shrimp, chameleon shrimp

2e6.jpg

• HOF Member

Wow bumma Jonx sorry for your losses and it's not really a consolation that the tank looks beautiful - beautiful but deadly. One of the reasons I'm scared to use cO2.:encouragement:

Was the co2 turned off At nite ??

yeah, was on timer with the lights. But when it was on, heaps of c02 was coming out.

I don't have and won't use co2 on my breeding and taibee tanks. =/

I don't have and won't use co2 on my breeding and taibee tanks. =/

Total agreement!

Sorry for your loss.

Yeah- lesson learnt.

Feel bad for mum because she likes to come home after work and watch the little fish and shrimp go about doing their thing.

She came home yesterday and saw them dead and netted them out into a container.

=(

So ,so sorry for your losses mate! any consolidation these things have happened to most of us at some time.

That's terrible news...2-3 years ago, I lost my entire CBS colony to CO2......although it was on a PH controller, the valve wasn't adjusted correctly, and with it being a nano tank, the sudden burst of CO2 killed the entire colony....came home after dinner and saw the massacre ! - lesson learnt.

I'm getting more second hand fish tomorrow for the nano cube.

-ottos

-cardinal tetras

-cory hastatus

-ember tetras

-peppermint catfish

the CO2 is turned on low and there is also an air pump providing oxygen.

I've also thrown in excess low grade pumpkin shrimp that I didn't want to breed with my good pumpkins. The Buce is starting to colour up with more intense colours. I paid $200 for this little cutting of 'brownie ghost'. I think I got ripped off. There's been so much demand for these plants and so many people paying 'marked' up prices. I've found a guy who is selling plants not cuttings when he gets them in for around $100.

can't believe I paid $200 for this (10cent coin size).

9nv8.jpg

kedagang I purchaced in March with 3 leaves now has about 12 leaves on it. I made a cutting and traded someone some pumpkin shrimp for it. The leaves look beautiful

1hr7.jpg

There has been no more deaths in my old tank. I put purigen in the filter and also removed the sponge filter on the intake and replaced it with a stainless steel shrimp saver which I think provided better flow through the filter. Lots of the berried crystal shrimp have released their babies. I can see day olds every where.

iwql.jpg

This pair came in the mail today. I've just been drooling over them. I am keeping them in a seperate internal breeder box. I don't want the female to mate with a blonde.

ko04.jpg

I think the darker one is the female. It is so hard to tell these guys apart!

zeat.jpg

the female with those orange eyes!

kler.jpg

I also have blondes which theoretically and genetically will throw out blues

9rw.jpgqfox.jpg7sc0.jpg

Taiwan Bees are getting bigger. I've spotted 2 female mishlings and have put them in with the Taiwan Bees.

koui.jpg

These guys get bluer and more intense every day. Should be sexable soon.

whxe.jpg

Full tank shot. I've ordered another tank to replace the one on the left so that I have 2 tanks of equal height. Really, I'm going to try and keep the old tank and set up the new tank on the left so I have 3 x2ft divided tanks. Hopefully the MRS will let me. So far, she has agreed for me to get rid of the old one so I get 2 tanks the same height so it looks better....

u65v.jpg

Nice shrimp mate.

i've only got into tb keeping myself, hope I can keep them alive.

• 3 weeks later...

The samsung s4 has a good camera so the pictures will be good. I have one berried mishling x kk or bb and two saddled females plus 50 plus unsexed good quality mishlings to go through in the next 3 months so its going to be good if I get to raise a few in numbers.

I have 2 gorgeous pair of oebt and also an ss crs and cbs female shrimp to make ti bees.

Some current photos. I am trying to establish mini pelia, flame moss and us fissidens in each section of the division. The moss are starting to thickenup

post-1452-139909851647_thumb.jpg

post-1452-139909851651_thumb.jpg

post-1452-139909851655_thumb.jpg

post-1452-139909851659_thumb.jpg

post-1452-139909851663_thumb.jpg

post-1452-139909851665_thumb.jpg

This is my buce kedagang that I got as a cutting with 3 leaves and 1 root in march. It is thriving and colours well.