DIY fish cave

lachie1998

Hi Guys

I came up with this little cave thing for my female red dragon to hide from the male when he gets agro.

1. Buy a pot, the pot i used is 23cm across.

IMG_1539.jpg

2. Soak the pot in water for 5 minutes to soften the pot.

IMG_1540.jpg

3. Use a pencil to mark how big you want your entrance to be.

IMG_1542.jpg

4. Get a hack saw and cut your marked lines.

IMG_1541.jpg

5. Use a hole saw to finish off the entrance, the hole saw will make a arch at the top of the entrance.

IMG_1543.jpg

6. File off the edges so there will be no harm done to your beloved flowernorn.

Here is the finshed product:

IMG_1544.jpg

It is big enought for the female to fit in but not the male so she can escape from him if need be.

Cheers Lachie

coll idea mate, so many interesting and different ways to do things with DIY. i use do do the exact same thing for my bristle nose when i had them years back.

How did you find it on the saw blade?

I cut a couple in half to make BN caves and found that after each pot the saw was pretty much done.

a 4 inch grinder with diamond blade worked for me best and fastest lol i never tried the hacksaw way as im to lazy :)

a 4 inch grinder with diamond blade worked for me best and fastest lol i never tried the hacksaw way as im to lazy :)

I tried the dremel and ran through about 10 discs on that too :beaten:

Eventually resorted to cracking them with a cold chisel and using a belt sander to flatten them out

the dremel are only good for little cuts and Handy man stuff. the dimond blades on the 4 inch greinder are made for cutting tiles and stone etc very easy and fast. those dremel blades cost a small fortune :) could buy a cheap grinder and blade from bunnings for the price of 10.

I'm tempted to buy a tile saw there are cheapo ones for <$150 figure it would pay off itself pretty quick.

-Sorry for hijacking your thread Lachie - I'm off to to go watch a beer pong tournament so I wont annoy anyone any more tonight

-Sorry for hijacking your thread Lachie - I'm off to to go watch a beer pong tournament so I wont annoy anyone any more tonight

Its fine, these are very good questions.

:)