pumpkin shrimp

ineke

• HOF Member

Hi All,

could someone post a picture of a pumpkin female please. I have some girls who have saddles but they aren't the same colour as the lighter cherries. The saddle is almost a bright new copper colour.

Cheers

Ineke

• HOF Member

yeah that too I haven't seen either of them to know so if some one has them please post a picture. I guess I might be able to google them if no one has any.

• HOF Member

Ok confusion reigns I googled them -they could be orange sunkist do'nt think they are pumpkin but when you look at the pictures it is hard to tell

Hello there InekeI don't know whether or not that you've checked Dean's Boss Aquaria pumpkin cherries (4 pics in total)...Hope it might help...CJ

Hi All,could someone post a picture of a pumpkin female please. I have some girls who have saddles but they aren't the same colour as the lighter cherries. The saddle is almost a bright new copper colour. CheersIneke

Isn't pumpkin an sunkist just a different name for the same shrimp?

They're both orange variations of the cherry shrimp?

@ineke, have a look here at first page of pics. there are Adult female and juvi. they dont show full color until they are mature adults.

http://www.shrimpkeepersforum.com/forum/showthread.php/1932-Australia-Day-Shrimp-Sale

Sunkiss & Pumkin shrimp are same family, species etc but i keep them separate from each other.

There is a slight difference in color and thickness of color

• HOF Member

Hi Masta ,

I"m not sure if mine are quite dark enough to be pumpkin but they are close. will have to see how they mature. I have picked a few out and put them in with 2 of Fish4fish3's males as they are nice males.

cheers

Ineke

• HOF Member

Thanks for that Dean. I'm still not sure what these girls are. They are more pink than red and the saddles really do look like new copper. I am hopefully getting a camera to lend this week and will try to take some better pictures. As I have said in my previous post I have picked a couple out to put with some better males and see what happens. They certainly don't look like the normal cherries I have and nowhere near as dark as the older girls. How exciting!!!! Then again it might just be my lighting!!!!!

Cheers

Ineke

• HOF Member

Hi all, I think my females are orange sun kist they look like some Nogi has put up in the library. I have put 4 saddled ones in with 2 cherry males that fish4fish3 sent me. He has said to watch for rillis with these males. I am not sure what direction I am going in with regards to colours yet. Still waiting for my dark red berried girls to hatch. If I find a male sun kist I will try one tank with them. Ooooo the suspense!!!!!!!