1st Macros with the Canon 7D

Ziek

Nice pics....been wanting to buy a 7D for ages. What lens were you using ? Any flash ? Mind posting your settings ?

Yeah so glad I upgraded from my 550D. Lens is Canon EF 100mm L IS USM f2.8, Flash is the Canon 600 speedlite which i had facing down from the top of my tank and I use the speedlite transmitter ST-E3-RT.

My settings on my camera, well I set mine to Manual F10, ISO is at 160, spot metering and white balance set to shade. Not sure what other settings to post, if you need any others I've missed let me know

Very nice bit of kit dude, very nice shots too. I use pretty much the same settings except I use f13, 100 ISO & 1/200th shutter speed, you've got a way better flash than I do & it shows too dude, love ya work :D

hi mate great pics.... I have a canon EOS 400D and i use manual settings F16 ISO800 and Shutter speed 250... I find the faster shutter speed eliminates shake or blur in the shots... But still self teaching my self... lol... Next lot i try will be ISO 1600 and shutter speed 320...

Yeah I have no idea what I'm doing aye lol. Squiggle I'll have to catch up with you real soon and you can show me some tips could use all the help i can get.

All the shots were taken without a tripod

Yeah I'm not much better but I've had some guidance from a guy who's a pro, he's taken some of the most amazing fish photos I've ever seen, I'd love to post a few but I'm not sure of the copyright n stuff :D