Clicking "Like" to posts

sajica

Ok forum admins, I have no idea what forum software you use, or need to use or what software one of the other forums I'm on uses (Perth Street Bikes), but members have the ability to "Like" posts which is pretty cool as it adds another social aspect to the forum when people agree with posts. It kind of makes it like facebook (repent, repent).

Thoughts?

I "like" the idea too... saves repeating what he/she said.

It's not only on that forum, I also use other forums & they have the ability to "like" a post, it's a good way to judge competitions as well, most likes wins the prize :encouragement:

i dont think its a 'like' as such. if you look on shrimpnow its a 'thank' if i recall correctly.

My vote is for "Muchas Gracias smilie_ga_054.gif "

Inclusive of the little mexican having a siesta.

+1 Muchas Gracias smilie_ga_054.gif for the Siesta man.

ok i like that Mexican mate :)

now the feature is not a standard plugin and requires re-writing code etc. Now that is something you really dont want me trying to do!!!

considering last time i tried to fix something, people lost the ability to see parts of the forum and time before that, tapatalk was off line for 4 days :)

i will see how much the IT person will cost to do this and let you all know..

If it's stupid expensive don't worry about it Dean.... MOST IT people charge like a wounded bull.

I've seen some horrific pricing for various different things.

• 3 weeks later...

just an update for you guys/girls that wanted this........

I finally found some software/modifications that will allow us to do this :triumphant:

im not sure about the little siesta man but its a start..

Should have it all up and running in about 4-5weeks. I know its ages away!!! but i have a few other priorities to

take care of first :)

Thanks dean. I dont think anyone will mind waiting, youve done alot for the for the forum and hobby as whole recently. I would like to thank you on a positive thread so

THANKS

Cheers mick

• 2 weeks later...

Update!!!

The Thanks software has been purchased $$$ today.. There are a few other cool things for the forum that i will purchase in the coming weeks also that you should all like/enjoy :applause:

Thanks/ Muchas Gracias :) is first on the list and "should" be up and running by next week ;)

The rest in the following weeks as i save the $$ for them (bit tight after the server move)

so are we all set on having "Muchas Gracias" as thanks or is there any other ideas ????