Saratoga

lachie1998

Now I know there is Toga lovers on here i will put up some photos from the lake we go spotlighting on' date=' they are up to 80cm long and Boy OH boy they can jump. I tried to net one one night and it cleared me and I was standing in the boat and hit the driver square in the chest, she the driver was not happy LOL, the boat is only 3.5 mt long.

I also had the privilege of seeing them spawning when we did a fish survey on the Irwin place at Weipa, what a sight that was, I have a article on it some where?. They are as gold as the best gold Arowana when they spawn

Bob[/quote']

Would love to see those pics bob!

• 1 month later...

Wow dude, he looks stunning & the red is showing up nicely, he's getting so much thicker. Mine use to love Mealworms & crickets, then goldfish was his staple when he got older :encouragement:

his currently in a 2ft but im going to move him to a 4ft soon

I have never seen them this small. Very cute little predator. I also wish I could dedicate a tank to one.

• 2 months later...

Looking awesome dude, he's going to be a monster in no time :encouragement:

OMG, that Saratoga has grown real quick. Looks like you chose a near perfect specimen. Looks real nice mate. Thanks for sharing.

Wow! The red is starting to come through nicely, definitely a very nice fish dude :victorious:

Well done. Looks in perfect health. How much has he grown over the past 4 months ?

Looken good mate, I love Togas

Are you keeping 2 together? if you are keep an eye one them.

Bob

If I can ever find them I will put up some photos of 400 of them in a pond a few years back and as soon as it got down to a dozen or so all hell broke loose and we had to separate them.

This year I should have a few again. We have some is a farm dam West of here and Xmas is harvest time.

I have also seen the spawning in the wild on the Wenlock river, what a sight that was, I have never seen so many Adult Togas in the one place about 40 of them, they stand on there heads in groups to spawn, we don't know if that is a Quirk of the Wenlock population or not, but one of the Traditional owners said that he had seen it on his country way up river. The colour in them is unbelievable rich Gold and black.

Bob