just 1 more question "I promise" for today anyway

ineke

• HOF Member

If I try catching my males with a newly berried female in the tank will that cause her to drop the eggs? Should I wait a few days or just get it done?

Cheers

Ineke

Ahhh... the question of patience. Always best to wait, and if heading to a new system, ensure a slow acclimatisation.

Patience is my biggest weakness, so not the best person to probably answer your question.....LOL

• HOF Member

Hi Bluebolts,

the forum went off line and I didn't have any patience because all my girls are saddled and I didn't want the clear guys mating with anyone else- already had one mating today with a clear boy and very red girl. They are now in a 30" community tank with lots of hiding places - lots of fish too!!!! LOl Funny though as I was catching them they got slightly coloured but put them in the fish tank anyway.

cheers

the not so patient Ineke

with cherrys I never had the problem.... But then again I have so many I wouldn't notice.

Just a note: A female will only mate after she sheds her shell. Also she may have sperm from a last encounter stored so be wary

• HOF Member

Yes i was a bit worried about that so twisted hubby's arm and will buy a couple of cubes and get them cycling so that I can seperate out the darkest of the shrimplettes and also take the females out as they saddle up. Hopefully within 2 months I will get them breeding with your boys and not have to worry about other blood coming into it.

huge learning curve and I'm loving it!!

Cheers

Ineke