woohoo things are happening in the tank today

ineke

• HOF Member

The tank is humming right now. 2 newly shedded shells and the boys are going crazy - however I still have to catch those clear guys. Now as a point of interest I have actually seen a mating - the girl has brought her eggs down and the male mated with her but now they are staying attached together in a plant. I thought it would be a fleeting thing but they have been embraced for about 5 minutes. Anyone else noticed this?

Cheers

Ineke

Impragnation is only a fleeting second... Perhaps there is a shrimp Casanova ? The saddle eggs only "comes down" once it's fertilised by the male. Can you post a pic ?

• HOF Member

She's gone into hiding again I think the boys were giving her too much attention. When I first saw her this morning I thought great a berried female and thought the deed had been done, however this particular boy kept chasing her and when she eventually landed on a plant he mated with her. OK he got almost underneath and slightly to the side then mated -then stayed with her in position for about 5 minutes- by the time I got the camera they had parted. I would have thought impregnation would be fleeting too but I saw something happening and it surely looked like mating:redface-new: