Sign in to follow this  
fish4fish3

Show us your best RCS pair

fish4fish3

I have been line breeding my RCS for a few months now and just wanted to show off and compare with others for quality and feed back

please note that these pics were taken under a strong light only 30cm above the tank used for this shoot so shrimp appear more transparent than in real life. Will get some up in their home tank soon.

MALE & FEMALE

small1181.jpg

MALE

small1178.jpg

FEMALE (closer to her natural colour)

small1189.jpg

So let me know what you think and please feel free to post your own up on this thread.

Cheers Roman

Squiggle

They look awesome dude, this is the best I've got, haven't got a good one of a male :encouragement:

image-74_zps46ff2b94.jpg

fish4fish3

still pretty good, has the red legs so she's not far away from getting a solid colour out of her. if you work on line breeding her you can get some top ones out in no time.

Squiggle

Thanks, that's the plan, still getting my head around worthy males & the grading of cherries. Hopefully the eggs she's holding will prove to be nice :encouragement:

Gbang

Very very nice mate!!! Ill try and get a pic of mine

fish4fish3

no one else have any good RCS?

Gbang

My best male

post-29-139909859195_thumb.jpg

With his b$"&(:s

post-29-139909859197_thumb.jpg

Picked them out of thousands.... Unfortunately they haven't bred yet :(

post-80-139909847708_thumb.jpg

post-80-139909847712_thumb.jpg

Kaizen088

One of my reds.

Got some possible males but not able to get pics atm.

post-696-139909847715_thumb.jpg

fish4fish3

They're all beauties!

I'm jealous of your male Gbang... he's a real stud! Best i've seen so far

Hopefully I'll have a nice male like that in the next couple batches.

Gbang

Thanks for the compliments but still not happy enough :( your rcs are very highly quality too!!!! most peoples males are transparent. and kaizen!!!! Champion Rcs there mate!

Neo-shrimp

These Red cherries females r beauties Kaizen088...Let us know when your tank is over-crowded;)...CJ

Neo-shrimp

Niiice Red Cherries Gbang...Like the curved glass as well...Male cherry is a beauty...Thanks for the pics...CJ

Neo-shrimp

Roman you lucky son of a gun...Amazing red cherry mate...CJ

rosiedosie

Not a pair but this is mine

post-29-139909848355_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the crappy phone photo. Ive got some photos of others, just need to make sure theyre not just of the same shrimp lol

post-452-139909847727_thumb.jpg

fish4fish3

Gbang, I wouldn't be too unhappy... Your females don't appear to be upsetting. (can't enlarge but from what I can see look good) And teamed with a male like that you're sure to get some serious quality shrimp.

Cj thanks for the compliment. But, Im happy with the females that are starting to come out but keep searching amongst the horde to see if I can find any better males. Good males are harder to spot than a top female.

Rosiedosie, Is she ready to moult or is it just a bad shot? can't really coment too much on the colour as she looks milky and has blue in her. does appear to be solid though. Maybe a better pic will show her off better.

rosiedosie

Its a bit of all of the above lol. Its a bad shot (with my phone), bad lighting, she is about to molt and shes really old too. I dont think Ill get another lot of babies from her :(

This is another of her with the other reddest female. The darker one is the one mentioned above. It does look like she has a slight blue tinge but its just my crappy lighting. Its really a deep, blood red.

post-1377-139909848409_thumb.jpg

This is my next best, but the colour is a little broken on her

post-1377-139909848405_thumb.jpg

post-452-139909847752_thumb.jpg

post-452-139909847754_thumb.jpg

blindfisherman

Not a pair but this is what I have been working on with the reds for a while now.

Sorry about the crappy quality phone pics but you get the idea.

One of the males:

20130206201224.jpg

Male and a female on the sponge:

20130205194657.jpg

A portion of the colony:

20130206201156.jpg

Squiggle

Got a pic of my best red but the little bugger won't stay still long enough for a good focused shot :)

image-74_zps1ed075bd.jpg

Ziek

Hey Squiggle how many cherries do you have atm?

fish4fish3

@ blindfisherman... I can't comment on phone pics but you can tell that's a really nice male on the sponge. Judging by the gal next to him a real decent sized guy too! Need to team him up with the jumbos on the other thread.

@ squiggle... Are you sure that's a male? the body looks fuller / fatter and the abdomen appears to be rounded underneath.

gowland

post-24-139909848456_thumb.jpgpost-24-139909848458_thumb.jpgpost-24-13990984846_thumb.jpg

2 out of 4 of my best girls :) the boys are camera shy lol

post-1098-139909847808_thumb.jpg

post-1098-139909847813_thumb.jpg

post-1098-139909847818_thumb.jpg

Squiggle

@ Ziek, I have about 20-30 but only about 5 or so that are nice colour, most of the ones I have are fairly clear :)

@ fish4fish3, no I'm not sure as I'm still learning, I thought it was a male as when it was next to another definite female it's a lot smaller & thinner body, but looking at some of the other girls in this thread I'm not sure anymore :confused: Doh! Thought i had a very nice boy but maybe not :)

Ziek

If you want mate I can give you two or 3 really nice females, Don't have many shrimp but enough to help get you some nice colours starting

Squiggle

That sounds Awesome dude, might have to wait a bit though, I'm getting a full knee reco done on Wednesday so I wont be able to do much for a few weeks but I'm definitely keen though, thanks heaps :)

Ziek

Oh dude that's full on, keep me posted I can deliver them to you if that will be easier