breeding

staphjermz

I was wondering if crs shrimp live together with cherry shrimp,do the breeding rate decreases significantly? I have noticed since i got cherries my berried crs dropped her eggs with no crs to be seen.i have noticed the cherry shrimp always eating and crs hiding.any tips?

Most serious breeders will keep species only tanks.

However I've seen experienced and successful members here breed multi species in one tank with success.

The thing with RCS and CRS is they require different water parameters so one will always suffer.

Personally I think you're better off setting a multi species tank up for CRS as RCS are far more adaptive and less sensitive.

It's really up to the person and what they want.

RCS are more active and vigourous, so issue really is more about food competition. I recently only added RCS to all of my tanks, but keep them is low numbers, and feed powder foods to each tank for the shrimplets..if you intend keeping RCS and CRS, just ensure there is plenty of food for the Shrimplets. I believe they can coexist, just need to ensure ample food source.

+1 to the above. I have higher numbers of yellow cherries with my CRS, and when I feed solid food, all you see are yellows around every piece. I have to feed powdered food so that the CRS still get some food.

There's several commercial baby shrimp powder food out there, or alternatively ground/pound up some normal shrimp food .....

many many many powders food! benibachi kale tablets. sera viformo (high in protein watch for this one) barley powder, spirulina powder and even bee pollen comes to mind

Where would you get bee pollen from?

Pretty sure from the health food shop....Gbang got mine for me, so he can confirm....