Cherry shrimp look drunk?

rosiedosie

Please move this if this is not the appropriate place :)

For the last couple of days my red cherry shrimp have been pretty much staggering around their tank. They look to be having troubles swimming and they struggle to climb up the walls of the tank. This is all really unusual as Ive never had a problem with them and they usually breed like rabbits but Ive noticed for about the last fortnight they have stopped. They have a bit of a deep food dish and lately have been having trouble getting out of it.

Nothing in the tank has changed so Im really puzzled. Ammonia, nitrite and nitrate are all zero as of last night. None of them have died, which I guess is a good thing, but Im worried they are going to start. Anyone know what is going on?

Are you able to post a video ? Are there any visible worms/parasites ? Doesn't sound great .... :-(

Has anything been sprayed near the tank? Is there enough oxygen in the tank? What is the tank temperature? Can you do a 10-20% water change?

rosie, Some of My yellows where doing the same! they went all pale and started staggering around the tank...only 2-3 though not all of them. I added a long bubbler at 1 end of the tank last night and they seem to have alot more colour! As its been over 35 degrees for the last 5 days im guessing that the oxygen has thinned out so ive put it down to lack of oxygen. I figured when I have a lack of oxygen I get all dizzy aswell lol

The tank is at 25.5-26degrees at the moment. I threw in an extra airstone just incase. Its only a very small tank and I have two mini sponge filters in opposing corners, and put the airstone in the middle of the tank. I did also do a small water change, and when the fresh water went in the big ones more so, started swimming around hyperactively. I was actuslly waiting for them to start twitching and dying infront of my eyes but they didnt.

I did notice on them, that on their abdomen (?), where the saddle would be on the female, is dark brown almost black. Is this anything or is it just all their crap before it works its way down? :rolleyes: Ive never noticed it before but I dont know if Im worrying over nothing lol