20130128_200545_zps3e7ba28d.jpg

Vieja zonatus female

20130128_201013_zps7a905694.jpg

Young male zz red dragon flowerhorn

20130128_200039_zpsd2a822ae.jpg

Zonatus with some clown loaches

20130123_121716_zps1666a8a2.jpg

Killifish gardeneri 'makurdi'

Just some pics I took tonight. If people are interested in fish I have crap loads more pics on the computer of most of the Americans and Africans I have owned

Cheers Mick

P.s. if gbang looks at this I will get a photo of my blue shubunkin goldfish for you .I haven't forgotten just been busy

Nice fish there

Sorry to say but that flowerhorn isn't a zz red dragon, it looks like a mix of kamfa and zz, a red dragon should be red with red eyes.

Thanks lachie thanks I thought it might be zz but it was sold to me as red dragon. I didn't know about the red eyes but I thought the fish turned red after peeling. I am such a noob with flowerhorns lol. I have about 100 of these that I got at around 2-3cm and that is a random male I pulled out of a tub (he is sold). Do you think these are quality and worth keeping or breeding on with? Do you know a lot about flowerhorns as I would love to learn more. Maybe a post on the recognised varieties.

Cheers Mick

Just tracked down a pic of the father. The mother is a zz fader.

40e5b526e7cc0c58df18d2e2d87c275e_zps6b80bdd9.jpg

I am a little confused on how a zz fader and a zz red dragon produce a kamfa cross zz?. Like I said before new to fh so if anyone can explain how fh genetics work I would be greatly appreciative. The male in the first post is only 7cm if that makes a difference

Cheers Mick

The farther looks real nice but the fry you have pictured doesn't look related to him. Is that the best fry of the batch? Only some fish peel with is the process of fading there are faders in both kamfa and zz. The way you can tell the difference of kamfa and zz is that Kamfa usually have white or yellow eyes and there lips are even and they can have a square body shape. In zz the bottom lip extends past the top kind of like a under bite also zz have red eyes but there eyes may change colour when they are in the process of a fading also there eyes are mostly protrusive and there body shape is usually round and they can have wrapped tails. ZZ also have dragon tears and there fins dont overlap. A kamfa is usually made by crossing a zz with a blood parrot, king kong parrot or synspillum.

Here is one of my ZZ RD's

DSC_0897.jpg

and my kamfa (i bred him from a zz rd male and a blood parrot female)

DSC_1225_zpsda69f64d.jpg

If your interested there is a great Aus FH website that i can pm you the link if you like?

Hi lachie. That link would be good thanks. I don't have any other pics and that one is gone . There is about (or was) 100 in a pond and that was the only male I caught. I only swiped the net through once. I will grab a couple more in a few weeks and get some pics.

Cheers Mick