Taiwan Bee Poll

BlueBolts

Taiwan Bee Poll  

1. 1.

• They're too expensive
    • They're too difficult
    • Not ready/experience yet, ONE DAY ....
    • Inadequate information/details

OK my experience so far .... make sure EVERYONE knows not to spray insect sprays (or any sprays really) anywhere near your tanks!!!!

I have had 2 attempts at keeping TB.

The first 4 Bluebolts ... I put down to inexperience .... live and learn!

The 2nd - 28 Mishlings - 1 KK - 1 Panda - 1 BB - 3 RW .... from 3 different people - BlueBolts/Dean/Gbang all great to deal with and generous guys!

I lost 2 Redwine soon after I got them .... not sure why .... everything else was going really well ...... came in to work (I keep my shrimps at work - family business) and my dad had gone crazy with the insect spray as there were ants coming into the office area .... anyway I have 4 Mishlings left .... I love the look of TB and so I will try again but will leave it a while as I am getting married (again) in March and will need to build up some funds!

As for the poll there was not an option for "I keep killing all mine!" so I did not respond.

Cheers

Greg

PS REMEMBER - make sure EVERYONE knows not to spray insect sprays!!!

That's terrible to hear...huge condolences Greg. On the completion of this poll, I'll write a article on keeping/breeding TB's based on the information retrieved from this poll, on the issues people are encountering etc...

More importantly, congrats of getting married (again)......have you done the checklist ?.....Does she like shrimps ? Is it OK to have several tanks in the house ? Is building a shrimp room insane ? ...LOL Well done mate.

GREG OH NOOOOOO!!!!!!! anytime you need help mate. also did the other shrimps survive?

and be sure to complete that checklist form bluebolts!

I'd love some TB but for me ATM it comes down to two things:

Tank space - ATM I only have 2 running tanks, I'm holding off on any major breeding adventures until I have at least a 8 tank rack (prefer a 12 tank)

Experience - I've only just recently gotten into CBS and even though I've been very successful with them so far, I don't believe I've been keeping them long enough yet to feel I am completely ready for something more delicate.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you everybody for responding & commenting on this poll. Great insight for the forum and it's members. I've got absolutely HOOK into this hobby when I 1st saw a Bluebolt ! Initially the cost $1000-$2000 for a TB (BB cost more) were ridiculous, BUT I preservered and learnt via experience/mistakes (costing $$$$$$$) to get myself to breed them successfully now. These "insights" are openly shared, and for those who have purchased/seen my setup...etc, I share all the information and knowledge openly, as I encourage a larger TB hobbyist community, so that we can share, selective breed, and to create great quality/pattern...etc.

Infact, I find TB, Tigers, CRS's and even cherries to be of similar difficulty, as I impose my shrimp keeping duties (i..e maintenance, WC, water quality)..to be simliar across the board, with a few tweaks and adjustments for PH, GH, KH etc....

Over the next few months, I'll attempt to get TB's to be more affordable, as Dean has done over the past 6+ months.

My BB & WR colony feeding this morning. My KK's were feeding at the back of the tank, and I couldn't take a decent pic...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2066[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2067[/ATTACH]

post-24-139909848067_thumb.jpg

post-24-13990984807_thumb.jpg

Great shots there BB shows just how well your breeding program and shrimp keeping duties really are. I hope to be able to keep and breed these sort of shrimp this year and with the help and information your freely giving the rest of the community I think it won't be long before more of us will be trying our hand at these awesome shrimp.

I agree, I love what you are doing for shrimp keepers BB, there are also few others out there like Dean & Gbang who are striving to get quality shrimp to the masses & others like Wayne, Fishmosy, mr_c, honcho & Northboy who are constantly giving excellent info too, I know I've missed some people & I thank them too. Well done :encouragement: