yowie tanks

yowie05

hey guys, couple quick pics of my tanks atm. got a couple more setting up with dividers so can be more selective in breeding but this is it so far. need some more shrimp too although the minister for finance has said that there has to be some spending cuts :)

2 foot yellows left CRS right

DSCF2630.jpg

2 foot RCS and CRS "A"

DSCF2629.jpg

2 foot

DSCF2628.jpg

3 foot

DSCF2623.jpg

all 2 footers have up aqua shrimp soil, 3foot is diy co2 generating substrate

They all look great. The top tank with divider looks very professional!! Does the last 2ft or 3ft have anything in them yet, If not what do you have planned?? At the moment I`m my own minister of finance... that never ends well when you walk in an aquarium shop. But luckily I have space restrictions as I still live at home :D

Hi Yowie05

some very nice looking tanks there mate.

my favorite one has to be the 2ft with the rockscape background.

Nice collection of tanks yowie, is the DIY substrate your own concoction? What kind of ph level does it hold?

thanks guys

Dan the last 2 footer has a 2 female cherries for selective breeding still trying to pick the male atm got it down to 2 lol, and the 3 footer has most of the breeder cherries as rearanging the fish/shrimp room to accomodate the next phase of the shrimp tanks. got a couple more 2 footers that am in the process of dividing for more options with selective breeding

watergun only java moss is in 2nd pic on the right rest is mainly willow moss with a couple of native mosses that i picked up floating down a creek

SKFadmin yer that have to be my fav as well. was also my 1st shrimp tank

Fox the substarate is basically the one done by 2tonned.this has only been setup for bout 5 weeks and is holding around 6.8 as the water going in is tapwater and its fairly high ph here. other tanks receive RO or rainwater