Hi guys

chopper

Hi all, I have always been interested in Shrimp, only had cherries a couple of years ago and am looking at getting into the hobby again,

Kind Regards, Andy

Thanks James, definitely going to get back into it, I really want to learn more about shrimp First and do it properly from the start, what shrimp to get, how to breed etc. I also breed Discus, I have 8 Breeding pairs atm

Hi Chopper, welcome to SKF. Reckon it's a real easy transition from discuss to shrimps, as you'll appreciate and know the important e of clean water and WP...etc.

Hey mate welcome to SKF.

Would love to see your Discus setups if possible?

Welcome Andy, joining this forum is a great place to start, plenty of friendly advice and good information.

Cheers mate.

I have no idea why but I can't view your photo.

I'm on tapatalk on my iPhone that may be why.

Ill check again when I'm on my laptop.

Welcome to the forum again

Can someone recommend what type of shrimp would be good to get into?, something that is in high demand, that people are really interested in keeping,

Kind Regards, Andy

Thats a hard question to answer chopper.Its more what can you produce and at what price eg yellow cherry pruduce easy sell for $10 will sell a few sellfor $1 will sell thousands.Same can be said with every other shrimp sp just need to decide what you want to breed and what you are willing to sell them for.But one thing that remains constant quality sells above all else

Hi Daydream:) , That is the exact reply I was looking for, now what is the best QUALITY shrimp for sale at the moment, where would I be able to get some and what price would I expect to pay?

Kind Regards, Andy

Hi chopper. The breeders and sellers on here have great quality shrimp. As for the best quality shrimp at the moment it depends what you like. For instance if you would like a challenge some people are trying to produce new colours or brighter colours into all types of cherry shrimp or you could buy an already established line and breed some of the best straight away. Price depends on whether you want a variant of cherry or take the step to the Taiwan bee shrimp like tigers, king Kong or bluebolts. Cherry variants go from 50c each for reds up to around $50 for blues. Tb shrimp start at about $5 for low grade crystal red shrimp up to $600 for some of the rarer black or blue tigers and all price ranges in between. Add to that a bit more for breeding pairs. I think the best thing would be to look up some of the shrimp species and get one you really like that way you have something you love to look at. Sorry for the long winded response. Also what types of discus are you breeding at the moment.

Cheers Mick

Thanks skfadmin I'll check that out:D

Hi Mick, thanks for that, now ill just have to work out what type I should get,

I have 8 Discus pairs atm they are : Golden anaconda (type of erruption)

Koi

Mandarin passion

Fire Ruby (type of leapod)

Albino San merah's

Golden panda's (type of pigeon)

Blue Scorpians

Giant Red Turq X heckle

Hi chopper. Once you become a premium member could you post some pics of the discus in the fish tank section. Some of them sound interesting. Especially the koi and giant red Turk x heckle.

Cheers Mick

Hello Andy, a good move getting back into the hobby! enjoy SKF