Our new friends to help raise the quality of Shrimp in Australia

sajica

If anyone has culls that they don't know what to do with, these guys may be able to help you :)

IMG_6827_zpsb7e4533c.jpgIMG_6819_zps6ec7d32f.jpgIMG_6818_zpsba45bcb0.jpg

Yellowtail Trumpeter

IMG_6823_zps7a549f86.jpgIMG_6829_zps786f8868.jpg

Archerfish

i have always wanted archer fish haha in a paludarium they would be awsome.

But i think i have the best culler haha :D

DSC_02733.jpg

Nice fish there Saj, do you manage to keep any thing with the Bar tail grunter? I find the one of the nastiest fish of all species, but in saying that a top fish to keep and so smart. My opinion, they out think and fight Red Devils and other Americans.

Got a photo form above of a school of 30ish young Archers some where with there bright white head patches, they glow like its lit up.

Bob

I love archer fish.

It's one of my favorite creatures in regards to evolution.

I have always wanted an archer fish, in my pond they would have a field day with the over hanging trees.

I have a much smaller cull machine too

P1050333.jpg

A pack of female fighers also make short work of cherry shrimp

Although this might have to be the best ever shrimp culler LOL

P1050976.jpg

Although this might have to be the best ever shrimp culler LOL

P1050976.jpg

We don't have those mutated mutated weird creatures on this side of the country

post-12-139909848188_thumb.jpg

But they are cool. I saw a story about them on Totally Wild quite a few years ago. They hunt nearly everything. They love yabbies apparently

Nice to see everyone's a fan of Archers. I've loved them since I was a kid. I'm glad to finally have some.

post-538-139909847576_thumb.jpg

I would say that archers are very smart. If mine hasnt been fed for the day and is hungry he will wait for someone to be sitting on the couch then spit water at them until he gets fed!

Nice fish there Saj' date=' do you manage to keep any thing with the Bar tail grunter? I find the one of the nastiest fish of all species, but in saying that a top fish to keep and so smart. My opinion, they out think and fight Red Devils and other Americans.

Got a photo form above of a school of 30ish young Archers some where with there bright white head patches, they glow like its lit up.

Bob[/quote']

I didn't see your question till now...

Well there's 3 Bar tail grunter/ yellow tails in there now with the 2 Archers and 13 Small 6-7cm Barramundi. They all seem to get along ok now. I bought a small Archer yesterday (around 5cm) who got hammered by someone.... My money was on the yellow tails. I've never seen them cause problems to anyone yet though. If they do, they're off to work :p If they were Spangled Perch. I'd have left them in the river :p

The Yellow tails are great fish and nice an active. They absolutely inhale dried shrimp. They don't mind tinned crickets either