Snail ID

Foxpuppet

Does anyone know much about snail's? i got this at auburn aquariums about 2 months ago and it's spent a bit of time in different tanks. they sell them as singapore snail, but i dont know any more than that.

dsc1906s.jpgdsc1908f.jpgdsc1910.jpgdsc2077b.jpgdsc2089l.jpg

also this shrimp - is it a DAS? i bought some at aquaristic and the breeder box they were acclimatising in sank into the tank and i never saw them again, until the other day one got back in ;)

dsc2070m.jpg

The foot colouration reminds me of the native snail sold by Dave at Aquagreen. Can't remember its name. However the shell seems to have a different shape.. A juvenile maybe??

The foot colouration reminds me of the native snail sold by Dave at Aquagreen. Can't remember its name. However the shell seems to have a different shape.. A juvenile maybe??

So you mean the Waterhouse snail?

looks cool all the same, has it made babies every where yet.?

and does it eat plants as it looks very big?

looks cool all the same' date=' has it made babies every where yet.?

and does it eat plants as it looks very big?[/quote']

have not noticed a baby yet!

it is big but have not noticed any plants getting munched.... but the crs love to ride it!

also need further Id of these shrimp... pruned my tank last night and these came out of the undergrowth ;)

dsc2326o.jpg

I'd guess glass/ghost shrimp. Do you have an idea of where they may have come from?