Red Cherries from Choc ParentsDo

BlueBolts

1stly, Thanks Gbang for the red cherries from choc parents ....

Q1. Is there a official name for them ? Instead of red cherry from choc parents.

Q2. Do they breed true (i.e.red cherry from choc parents x red cherry from choc parents) ?

Q3. Is there a varying red coloration in them, or do they all share the same shade of red ?

Anyone doin any sort of a selective breeding program with them, or even crossing back with the traditional red cherry/fire red/sakura ...etc ?

Thanks

lol.. thats an awsome name.. fits perfect

but what if someone gets pissed off and starts the whole copyright bull.. ?!

i think glen said the red was a ________ colour ? cant remembe what he said but it was cool

where are u gbaaaaaang...?!

Blood Orange?

I've never seen the shrimp in question in real life but they look similar in colour to a cut Blood Orange from the pictures I've seen.

Hi all

I have some of these as well and posted some pics a couple of weeks ago.

You can see them here:

http://www.shrimpkeepersforum.com/forum/showthread.php/1686-Some-Photo-s-of-My-(Very-Basic)-Cherry-Shrimp-Set-Up

I originally called them wine reds, but the concensus was "Royal Red Cherries" which I really like ;)

Oh yes, I do recall the post now....royal red cherries sounds good ? Anyone bred them yet? Are they breeding true....would love to see a pic of a berried royal red cherry.

Hi all. I currently have 2 females berried but I am not at home til tomorrow. This is best pic from the phone

20130114_170050_zps7bfb52b3.jpg

Berried female on the left

I will know what colours they drop in around a week when the females drop

Cheers Mick

Hi all

I have some of these as well and posted some pics a couple of weeks ago.

You can see them here:

http://www.shrimpkeepersforum.com/forum/showthread.php/1686-Some-Photo-s-of-My-(Very-Basic)-Cherry-Shrimp-Set-Up

I originally called them wine reds' date= but the concensus was "Royal Red Cherries" which I really like ;)

Just looked @ your thread on Royal Red Cherries from Choc cherries...Nice colour...Wouldn't mind some in my shrimp tank...CJ

This is one I got from Gbang, She's been berried for a couple of weeks now.

I think the male she mated with was a yellow.

I thought they looked very very much like ruby gems!!!! Personally I like ruby cherries.... But cherry ripe is such a sick name too!

I have some of these reds in my collection , at the moment I have them running with my painted and fire reds, see what happens. Wayne

I have some of these reds in my collection ' date=' at the moment I have them running with my painted and fire reds, see what happens. Wayne[/quote']

Should be an interesting outcome Wayne. I know some breeders use them to try and improve their red cherries ;)

• 3 months later...

The "royal red cherries" (did we decide on the "official name"), perhaps if we can make some suggestions, and do a poll .... Just searched/googled, and there seems to be no reference to this internationally, so we can officially stamp our mark with this variant ?

The variant is great, as the redness has the same brightness and intensity as the yellow shrimps. And with selective breeding, I'm hoping to get more colours through its legs etc.....

My F2 generation....

null-11.jpg

th_null-12.jpg

Would appreciate those breeding these confirm whether they are breeding true ....

Nice shrimp BB!

"Cherry Ripe" is an awesoem name for them or maybe "Chilli Chocolate" hehe :)