Sign in to follow this  
izzy

Dead KK

izzy
CE7D4C4E-BD7C-4BDB-9EB5-C516D69FB716-8916-000004901EB70AEB.jpg

izzy

Jpn07 sorry for the lost. It's the worst feeling. It's even worst when your pocket isn't big enough to replace it :(

Jacet, I hear you and will definitely go back to basics. No more messing around or adding new stock etc. Even worst when mine haven't even bred with any mischlings. So no babies to even make up for the loss :( sighs

JPN07

Thanks mate. I am doing what BB said, did 10% water change and monitor the wp and shrimps closely. Hope all is well.

P.s Awesome setup you got there izzy :encouragement:

scottymac

So sorry to hear about your losses,

I am only new to shrimp keeping but those water parameters seem excellent, stupid question but do test kits age or rather lose accuracy if they are old? Just doesn't make sense! Anyway I hope you both sort out what is going on.

BlueBolts

Hi izzy, just pondering on your issue...did the BB recently molt ? Was the body soft to touch ? What is your weekly maintenance regime, I.e. top up, WC, do you add any other minerals/supplements ? Feed daily ?

jacet

Izzy a bit of a dumb question but the tank looks a bit bare, not enough green stuff in it, plants mosses... With all my tank issues i changed the way i looked at tank set up for shrimp... I will post a pic of my CBS breeding tank and you will see what i mean... It works for me...lol...

BlueBolts

BTW, great looking tank. What's your feeding schedule like ? Type of food (powder/crushed) ?.... jacet has a good point about biolfilm..etc. I have frigbitz is all my tanks, which they graze on all day etc... just looking for all possible causes, as your WP, tank, filter looks awesome.

honcho

hey izzy .. sorry to hear about ur loss..

just wondering what sex were the tb that died..

ive noticed that a few people including myself have had problems wih females..ive heard they are more weak ?!

jacet

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1766[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1764[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1765[/ATTACH]Izzy this is a 4 footer divided and this section is my CBS.... there is about a foot print of 30cmX30cm of subwassertang about 10cm high... Yep no idea how many shrimplets are in there but i am having great survival rates so far (just jinked myself).. maybe not the right way but it works for me....

post-599-139909847609_thumb.jpg

post-599-139909847614_thumb.jpg

post-599-139909847618_thumb.jpg

jacet

Thanks Bluebolts... Knowing that I might of been able to help makes me feel not a full noob...:)

shrimpsider
Got home today to find a dead kk Panda shrimp and a few mishlings and crs.

Hello, sorry to hear about your dead shrimp :( Maybe a dumb question, but for how long did you keep the Panda/KK now? Do you just have recently purchased them?

Also, bug killer products as No Planaria, Flubenol and so can cause spikes in N-compounds. I guess your problem is either chemical or bacterial. Adding coal to the filter tank can help, also as Montmorrilonit. If it is a bacterial problem, starter bacteria as Prodibio and powder bacteria raise the beneficial bacteria groups, and will balance the water as second effect.

izzy

Hi All,I just want to say thank you for all the support! You guys rock!

Hi izzy, just pondering on your issue...did the BB recently molt ? Was the body soft to touch ? What is your weekly maintenance regime, I.e. top up, WC, do you add any other minerals/supplements ? Feed daily ?
Hi BB, No molting, only top ups every Sunday until i started to have issues. Since then i've been doing 10% water changes daily. No other minerals are added. Just using salty shrimp minerals. Feeding is every 2 days, either benibachi kale tablets or hikari shrimp cuisines algae tabs.I jsut tested my WP againKH= 1GH = 3Ammonia = 0Nitrite = 0Nitrate = 0TDS = 95EC = 19728-01-20138-09-33PM.png8CB15FE5-3102-4D89-9B22-C5DA25CE545B-8916-000004BD049F3FD7.jpg23AFC34C-B96B-4EE7-BAC3-F759BCFCF0F5-8916-000004BCF8344264.jpg96375640-CB11-4A0C-8BBA-C3B45F3B7D57-8916-000004BCD4700958.jpg

izzy
hey izzy .. sorry to hear about ur loss..

just wondering what sex were the tb that died..

ive noticed that a few people including myself have had problems wih females..ive heard they are more weak ?!

Hi Honcho,

My were all males :(

izzy
Hello' date=' sorry to hear about your dead shrimp :( Maybe a dumb question, but for how long did you keep the Panda/KK now? Do you just have recently purchased them?

Also, bug killer products as No Planaria, Flubenol and so can cause spikes in N-compounds. I guess your problem is either chemical or bacterial. Adding coal to the filter tank can help, also as Montmorrilonit. If it is a bacterial problem, starter bacteria as Prodibio and powder bacteria raise the beneficial bacteria groups, and will balance the water as second effect.[/quote']

Hi Shrimpsider,

I've had my BB/KK since last year around September. They were thriving right up until a couple of weeks ago.

I added charcoal. Time will tell i suppose. I haven't lost any today. Fingers crossed.

izzy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1766[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1764[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1765[/ATTACH]Izzy this is a 4 footer divided and this section is my CBS.... there is about a foot print of 30cmX30cm of subwassertang about 10cm high... Yep no idea how many shrimplets are in there but i am having great survival rates so far (just jinked myself).. maybe not the right way but it works for me....

WOW Jacet, do you get to see any shrimps hehe :)

I will add some more plants soon. Before i do, i just want to tackle this issue.

jacet

Izzy...lol... yes i see them all the time believe it or not... But i have no idea how many i have.lol... i can count 10-13 normally and my biggest count was today at 16...lol... i would be guessing i have about 20-25 shrimplets...lol... in the front on pis looking down there is some around the balls on the left and one near the dw on the right...lol... But you know where they hide so you find them quick when you do a head count...lol...

Ace027

Buy some real shrimp food mate :)

emboli

Sorry to hear about your losses mate.

I honestly think it is something you overlooked

Everytime this happens to me I think back to when it all started.

Believe me this has happened to me several times already to the point where i had to tear down the whole setup to figure out the problem

Some example causes:

1. Neighbour using pest control services (this has happened to me)

2. Recent introduction of shrimp (Carrying pathogens)

3. Recent introduction of filter media or hardware / hardscape (which contains contaminants - this has happened to me and a few members i know of)

4. Recent disturbance of scape - (rise in ammonia undetectable by kits - again happened to me last year)

Usually it is something quite simple. In this case it is most likely the "no planaria" that has caused your problems.