Bee shrimp mineral +tap water?

Shrimpy

Hi all, so i was planning to get some bee shrimp mineral gh +to add to my shrimp tanks, after reading all,of the positive feedback and benefit of the product. However if i do not posses an ro unit, would adding. The mineral to normal tap water still help and be beneficial for my water? Or is it not neccessary? Cheers

I have never used it, so please someone correct me if Im wrong :) but I would assume that yes it would still be beneficial even without RO water. Doesnt it add in all the good minerals that make the water ideal for the shrimp? Yes RO has been stripped back to just 'water' so it does need some aditives but if these minerals could be found in tap water at the right quantities as found in this product then wouldnt everyone just use tap water instead of the hassles of RO?

Tap water is inconsistent, and additives/minerals can fluctuate, or get contaminated. Depends on the sensitivity of the type of shrimp too, but theoretically the parameter to gauge whether Salty Shrimp is required is you level of TDS/Ec. Salty shrimps is shrimp specific, and included the minerals required, tap water vary from State/Suburb, and often is responsible for shrimp deaths, but never really knowing..... If you're stuck with tap water, I'd still add a tad of Slaty Shrimp, but perhaps invest in a TDS or Ec pen.