Loving the natives...

kaltses

Not yet Marcus, I do have some other stuff for you, next week I will be catching up on every thing as there is a few orders to go out.

The week of 35+ here was so unusual and wiped out heaps of things on me, a normal heat wave for us is 1 and if we are unlucky 2 days at 35, not days of 35+.

Bob

Our environment and weather patterns are changing ..... how's your fish room coming along ? Any pics ?

Have not even lifted a tool yet DAM, got to wait for approvals and all the BS, going to build a green house down the side to get more tanks going and when the shed is done I will grow plants on wood in the green house.

When I get going on any of them I will post a thread on the progress, Are you volunteering to come over and help LOL

Bob

Are you volunteering to come over and help LOL

That's not totally out of the question ! If the timing is right, I'll be there !

I'm with you on the natives. We do have some seriously awesome native species here in AU. Chameleons are awesome to have in a tank with the variety of colours and patterns they display. I'm also a huge fan of the red nose shrimp. They look great and I just love the way they swim through the tank, really unusual swimming style like a helicopter hovering around the tank.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• Must Read SKF Articles

• sdlTBfanUK
      It has been a few weeks now and I have done a couple of large water changes. I tested the water parameters this morning, GH6 and KH2, TDS 140 and PH 7.5. Obviously the PH is off but there isn't anything in the tank that should cause the PH to rise to this figure so I will just run the tank for another month with 10% weekly water changes (probably just with RO water) and see where we are at that point. The RO water tests at PH6, and the KH and GH in the tank could come down as they are at the upper limits for Caridina shrimps! There are only about 10 very small snails in there at this point, but they seem to be doing well enough.
    • sdlTBfanUK
      I believe these to be very rare in Australia so you may even consider making it a longer term plan and produce your own by starting with the best CRS you can get as that is where the pure lines started! Depends how patient and interested in the project you are, but would save money as well? If I recall correctly it takes from 8 generations of selective breeding? They sell them at micro aquatic shop but do not ship to Western Australia, but that means they are available in Australia. https://microaquaticshop.com.au/products/pure-red-line-grade-ss-shrimp Good luck and just maybe smeone on here may point you in the right direction or be able to supply you with some.
    • Jimmy
      Hi Guys,  Does anyone know where to buy PRL shrimps in WA, not the CRS please. Thanks Regards  
    • Subtlefly
      Yes it’s super accurate to position where I want now and stay there- I am satisfied.  All the fish and shrimpers are doing excellent! Coming up on 4 years running!
    • sdlTBfanUK
      You must be pleased with that, it looks better and is much more robust and less likely to damage or leaks! The tank looks very natural now it has been running for a time. I see the ember tetras, how are the blue shrimp doing, I see a few? The cat and dog look very content and unimpressed, lol.