Sign in to follow this  
Aquathumb

My Yellows

Aquathumb

2013-01-09%252023.32.34.png2013-01-09%252023.34.30.png2013-01-09%252023.34.11.png2013-01-09%252020.32.12-1.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V9-CrRxyVA

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• javierhnb
      Really? Why bb x red panda? Have YOU got good results? I AM surprised Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    • kms
      I finally setup my chiller, although it's ok, I find the temperature display a little messed up (not sure if its the controller or the chiller, I have a temperature gun on order to get a more accurate reading), when compared with my temperature controller, the figures are off, even when adjusting them, sometime it's 0.1c, 0.2c, 0.3c, 0.4c faster or slower, some times its the same, but either way, it's consider accurate, and reaches the same figures at the end with 25c kicks off and 26c kicks on. May be I should use the same sensor/probe then it could be more accurate, the temperature controller used a metal end sensor, whiles the Hailea used a plastic. it takes about 8 minutes from 26C to 25C. it takes about  49 minutes after the chiller reaches 25C to 26C. But the weather is a lot better than a few months ago.
    • sdlTBfanUK
      That is a clever idea separating into trays like that! Thanks for the picture! With the shrimps now in place producing waste and (per JayC) once the roots are settled in I am sure you will start to see the plants starting to grow better as time goes on? There is one big advantage of coarse to the plants growing slower and that is less maintenance/trimming/getting overgrown? Simon
    • beanbag
      I think you can get blue panda from blue bolt x red wine panda
    • beanbag
      Here is a picture of the tank from about 2 weeks ago, or 1 week after I added shrimp.  The tank took about 3+ months to cycle, mainly because I wasn't watching the pH, and every time I added ammonium chloride or fertilizer it would drop the pH and stall the cycle.  But during the cycling time when I added nutrients and lots of light, the s. repens and Ludwigia grew quickly.  But now the s. repens growth has stalled (no more ferts).  Same for the monte carlo. The peacock moss is growing very slowly, and it is also stringy and not highly branched, so there is something wrong with the growth parameters also. Regarding the light: it is programmable, so I can set the brightness to whatever, but since I don't have a light meter, I can't say absolutely how bright it is.  But currently it is set so that it is at least visually dim compared to other aquariums I have seen, and the light is on for approx 8 hrs a day. (It ramps up and down)  I will try what you suggested and make the light brighter but shorter duration. Anyway, I had read that the way to out-compete algae was to have the plants grow even faster, but so far they aren't growing much.