My Favourite Shrimp Picture Yet

Baccus

So far this would have to be my favourite shrimp photos.

S0032340.jpg?t=1358636829

Nice picture!

I like ur female SS Guppy too

haha female ss guppy that's priceless!!!! it is a freaking cool shrimp and i've never seen a pink guppy with orange fins before very cool!

I get pink guppies with fluro yellow and orange fins all the time. They are in my rejects (sale) tank because the main colour we are trying to develop are solid dark blue guppies with both the male and females carrying lots of colour.

Nice to know not only I think they look nice tho :).

Before I moved over to the dark side I was a guppy breeder myself.

I developed a strain of HB blacks that even the females had black up to their gills solid.

They're a nice under rated fish.

Nice picture!

I like ur female SS Guppy too

And I just realized its male.

Sorry! Tapatalk on iPhone :-/

I did wonder if you perhaps had spied the blurred huge female guppy in the back of the photo, but then thought Nah you must be talking about the male.

Bob- yes she and the other girls are a nice size, this golden girl is often out and about but the other girls tend to hide in the hollow log most of the time. The males also tend to wonder about the tank a lot too. Once the new shrimp only tank is fully set up (filter is cycling, with mature gravel and sand from other tanks as substrate, one hollow log soaking, just a light, heater and plants to add) I am thinking of putting them into that tank ,just hope they dont take offense and decide to wonder out of the new tank since it will be a lot shallower than their current tank. I am not 100% sure if any shrimplets/ larva have survived so far, but I am sure the last time I caught all the shrimp out of the tank I had an extra couple of males from the original number. Once they are in their own tank with no fish I am hoping to concentrate on raising some of these guys and a few other natives as well.

Ok, I think I now have a new few favourite photos, this is one of my usually hidden girls, who for once posed nicely even with the flash from the camera.

DSCF2548.jpg?t=1358923221DSCF2549.jpg?t=1358923295DSCF2551.jpg?t=1358923370DSCF2552.jpg?t=1358923445DSCF2554.jpg?t=1358923523DSCF2559.jpg?t=1358923673

And another picture of my Golden girl

DSCF2556.jpg?t=1358923598

Such lovely girls and a credit to Bob for supplying them :o

Some more shots I got of the girls this afternoon, the darker day and constant rain all day seems to have made the girls stay out in the open more.

DSCF2604.jpg?t=1359009922DSCF2605.jpg?t=1359010042DSCF2609.jpg?t=1359010133DSCF2638.jpg?t=1359010233DSCF2639.jpg?t=1359010329

And better shots of my golden girl

DSCF2647.jpg?t=1359010416DSCF2648.jpg?t=1359010518DSCF2650.jpg?t=1359010646DSCF2654.jpg?t=1359010907DSCF2657.jpg?t=1359011014

And another girl who snagged herself some food

DSCF2652.jpg?t=1359010763

Looking good but keep the covers tight as they might want to go walk about.

The are looking realy happy and they are showing you a few of there colours.

So when the wet is gone you will be ready for some more shrimp?

Bob

Yep I dare say the tank will be fully operational by then.

The great thing about the current tank these girls and boys are in has no top but they have shown no desire to wonder off even with guppies zooming about them and bristle nose fry let a lone a pack of peppered corys. I think they just like the hollow log and the fact that the tank is so deep. To reach the bottom of the tank I have to stand on the top of a step ladder and even then I can only reach the substrate with my fingers.

Ps you can see the size they are now compared to the full grown cherry shrimp. And the cherry shrimp are not suffering from sharing the tank with the typhus.

Thanks, they are lovely girls and when I can get decent shots of them I get a tad snap happy. LOL Really a beautiful shrimp, just a bit off putting when you have them in a net and they dont flip about the place just run up the net and off.

Thanks, and yes the line is part of their markings, helps make them all the more striking :tears_of_joy:

Couldn't resist this photo op ;)

DSCF2742.jpg?t=1359194815

I think that one is showing off

Have you seen them with the Diamonds down there back yet? and do you get a variation of body colours?

I just got permission from the controller of every thing to put 2 tanks in the house YES one will be for Fresh water Morays and one for Shrimp, then I can get some good photos.

Bob

No I haven't seen diamonds down the back yet, only with the solid stripe and the patches of colour on the outer fins(?) on their tails.

So far variation in colour is the real golden girl and another not so golden girl. The other three females that I have been able to observe are varying shades of black/ charcoal with the bold stripe. One of the females I know has a very definant blueish colour but she is impossible to photograph. I am just lucky with them liking the log so much and being able to catch them in the openings of the log.

Looking forwards to seeing what colours you have and of course the fresh water morays.

Just had to share this girl since she was up front and hanging out on the lotus leaves

DSCF2773.jpg?t=1359233565DSCF2774.jpg?t=1359233641DSCF2775.jpg?t=1359233713DSCF2794.jpg?t=1359233863

I think she is a C. gracilirostris

Found a not so great photo of my bluish typhus

P1080798-1.jpg?t=1354348570P1080796.jpg?t=1354347165

Just had to share this girl, heavily berried and stuffing her face ignoring the endlers that also wanted a share of the food.

DSCF3027_zpsa0dc3f17.jpg?t=1359807234

Has anyone seen or taken a comparison shot of C. Typus vs Riffles before?

i.e. size' date=' colouration, etc[/quote']

Riffles get alittle bigger and have basket feet (filter feeders)