not happy

gowland

ok those water bugs/worms have started ataching them selves to my shrimp. if this is a problem how do i fix it please :)

sorry :) it looks like the HYDRA. sofar iv only found one shrimp with this hydra atached to it. thanks for any help :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen this in a couple of my cherries too. They look like nematodes that have burrowed into the head between the eyes or rostrum. I separated them and started reading about it. Many people mentioned a salt bath, but I had a look again and they were no longer attached. I isolated them for a couple of weeks and then released them back. No issues so far and that was 4 months ago.

I had a look at my tank this morning and had quite a few Hydra taking up residence on my sponge filter. I bombed them with an Internal Parasite Clear medication (as a recommended trial product) from Oliver for Planaria. It doesn't affect Nematode worms, but it sure hits Hydra :)

I will add a note that the medication is not sold as a Hydra or Planaria killer. I am not recommending the use of the product at this point in time and the product isn't a typical off the shelf medication. PLEASE do not go around bombing your tank with Anti Parasite type medications. The brand and product is not a commonly available product.

Thank You.

is this a product oli will be selling? would like to give something like this a try on some hydra tanks i have :)

I had a look at my tank this morning and had quite a few Hydra taking up residence on my sponge filter. I bombed them with an Internal Parasite Clear medication (as a recommended trial product) from Oliver for Planaria. It doesn't affect Nematode worms, but it sure hits Hydra :)I will add a note that the medication is not sold as a Hydra or Planaria killer. I am not recommending the use of the product at this point in time and the product isn't a typical off the shelf medication. PLEASE do not go around bombing your tank with Anti Parasite type medications. The brand and product is not a commonly available product.Thank You.

It is for sale on the online store.... there's a hint in the first line as to the name of the product ;) I'll have a chat to Ollie when I see him tomorrow and see about hitting you up with some to try, if you like?

I originally purchased it to attack the Planaria and Nematode worms but it's had no effect.

I'm a little apprehensive to openly recommend a product at the moment when were talking about off label useage. I've tested it with a tank with DAS, typus and baby Chocolates and another tank with Yellow Cherrys and CRS (containing both juvie YCS shrimplets and RCS shrimplets. The latter in a seperate mesh breeding box)

I've not killed a shrimp yet, despite using it above the advised dose rate.

no problem, i trial all products in isolated tanks at all rates before using on system :)

i have a tank full of hydra and no shrimp that i use for experiments, so will be a good test..