Black Cherry

BlueBolts

Selectively breeding black cherries for 6-9 months now...and found this today..... Almost look devilish...eek ! Like him for his shiny coat.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1647[/ATTACH]

post-24-139909858693_thumb.jpg

If you put that next to an extreme kk , i wouldnt be able distinguish if it was the balck cherry or kk

Well done mate, your gene pool is amazing, that is the BIGGEST factor having the gene pool to work with, with out the close gene pool its a slow process.

I have tried with other thing and until you get the genetics its an up hill battle.

Once again well done and keep them coming

Bob

In my case it's all LUCK. Never, and haven't focused on cherries, as mentioned by you Bob, got a great gene pool from Dean, so started the journey with excellent stock etc..

If you put that next to an extreme kk ' date=' i wouldnt be able distinguish if it was the balck cherry or kk[/quote']

TRUE, wonder if a black cherry can out price a black KK ? LOL ....

Luck or not, you are producing the shrimp that makes the jaw drop. As a community we need more people doing what you are doing to solidify colours and strains, rather than just leaving them to become washed out.

If I have read right you started with Chocolates from Dean? What size tanks do you put your breeders in?

When I build the fish house 6mt x 6mt, I have the glass to make separation tanks for selective breeding, I guess I will have to do more of them for Cherries and put the word on Dean to buy some good stock.

Bob

All my tanks are between 25-60 l, although the WP are not "perfect" for cherries, they don't seem too fussy, although I'm sure if I boosted my PH, KH, GH & TDS, I'll get them breeding more efficiently. But that's not my goal ! A 6m x 6m fish house .....shrimp house sounds heaps better. LOL. Please do put a thread up on the built.....sounds amazing already.

Absolutley beautiful, so black and glossy it really does look like the fruit black cherry!

To be really devilish it just needs red eyes ;)

Hey BB, just want to know are the black cherries stable? Do they throw out 100% black shrimplet or chocolate?.

Awesome stuff bb' date=' what's ya gonna do with such a devilish shrimp? Got big plans?[/quote']

Will try to find a suitable mate, and see whether I can lock down it's genetic's. Will need to search the tank and see what other surprises I may have.

Hey BB' date=' just want to know are the black cherries stable? Do they throw out 100% black shrimplet or chocolate?.[/quote']

My black cherry program is only F1/F2, so still in it's infancy, and generally throwing out black/brown, grey/black and black...so hopefully in a few more generations, the stability will improve.

Unbelieveable BB...you have a fine specimen black-berry cherry there..Keep up the good work...CJ