That is a chameleon shrimp right?

mr_c265

Well, today i was looking in my cherry shrimp tank and saw a pitch black shrimp, freaked out a bit and took a photo.

Basically, a few months ago i had chameleon shrimps in that tank, i also had a Betta Foerschi, which as far as i know ate every single shrimp in the tank when i was away. Couldn't find a single shrimp in there at all.

So the tank sat filled for a month or two, receiving only Brine shrimp for a Betta Channoides pair that were in the tank, then i got some cherry shrimps and put them in too, now its back to algae wafer feeding.

Basically, i'm guessing that one of the chameleon shrimp must have survived somehow and its taken me this long to find it.

Just to make sure, this is a chameleon shrimp right?

chameleon_zpscdadcd47.png

Had another good find today too, not a bad looking cherry and bursting at the seams with little eggs!

P1150023_zpscb40d2d9.jpgP1150025_zpsb6a83830.jpg

It certainly has A colour pattern that is right, but you can not say from colour alone, you need to look at the Rostrum = nose to be sure. Look to see lots of teeth on it.

I would say 90% yes.

Bob

Thanks Bob, thats the only other type of shrimp thats ever been in the tank, was just worried it was a wonky looking cherry.