Sign in to follow this  
BlueBolts

Purple Cherry Shrimp .....

Loach

Thats amazing! Hope more selective breeding can get out a solid purple :)

rosiedosie

That shrimp is absolutely beautiful, fingers crossed you have another similar one of opposite sex hiding somewhere within your tanks!

durro68

That is the BEST cherry I have ever seen!!!!!

jacet

Awesome work BB... The wife said I can have another shrimp tank now.... She loves the colour purple... hahaha

discusmad

Love the colour .

BlueBolts
Awesome work BB... The wife said I can have another shrimp tank now.... She loves the colour purple... hahaha

That's fantastic, my work is done. LOL

BlueBolts

Good news & Bad news day yesterday.....

Decided to move my purple shrimp to my other breeding rack, and on the start of my acclimatisation, it jumped out into the tank, and I've not been able to find it ! Theortically the WP is similar....

On searching for it, I found another purplish shrimp...not as strong colouring, but the potential is there ...

post-24-139909859096_thumb.jpg

In comparison to the 1st purple shrimp found ...

post-24-139909859099_thumb.jpg

Both look male ATM, Damn......

post-24-139909847528_thumb.jpg

Trav80

Cherries are touch mate, I'm sure its all good. just chilling it its new tank :)

I moved a piece of driftwood with fiss attached weeks ago from my CRS tank @ PH4.9 to my new cherry tank @ PH7.5. I thought I checked the fiss pretty well but just last week I noticed 5 CRS/CBS shrimplets with my yellows. So if they can take the massive PH jump your purple cherry should be fine. :)

Baccus

It may not be as strongly coloured as the first one but I think it looks almost prettier, more like a rainbow on one shrimp with all the tones of purple, pink, red. aqua and brown.

BlueBolts
It may not be as strongly coloured as the first one but I think it looks almost prettier' date=' more like a rainbow on one shrimp with all the tones of purple, pink, red. aqua and brown.[/quote']

They're both from different tanks/stock, so curious to see how they mature out, although the first is approx. 15mm, and the 2nd is approx. 12mm, so past the shrimplet category .... hopefully they won't turn choc/brown....nevertheless, something to work on ....

jordan93

are those last two pictures suposed to be of different shrimp?

BlueBolts
are those last two pictures suposed to be of different shrimp?

Yep, look closely, they've got different markings...

Masta

Wow Bluebolts, i've never seen these colour on a cherry shrimp! Beautiful work!

sajica

So the question is... What will you need to breed them to to hopefully produce more?

jordan93
Yep' date=' look closely, they've got different markings...[/quote']

ha ha i was going to say the exact oposite :p

BlueBolts

My purple cherry breeding program has been progressing extremely SLOW......selective breeding is SO over rated. LOL

Although not focused on cherries, I had them on a selective breeding program, BUT most of the shrimplets were a mixture of all sorts etc, lost total focus on them, but noticed this .... perhaps there is hope ?

null-2-4.jpg

ineke

That is an awesome little shrimp BB does it make you more interested again?

BlueBolts
That is an awesome little shrimp BB does it make you more interested again?

Not really .... .... :rolleyes:

ineke

A tank full of those little pretties would be nice but how long would it take:confused:

newbreed

What an amazing color strain. A shame your not inspired to line breed them further.

The January pics are also really stunning.

Maybe let them continue to colony breed, they all must hold some of the colour genes, more will come through.

If you need someone to continue the project, I am sure there would be many here willing to assist, myself included. New tank cycling, breeding tank (6 bay) ready in four weeks time........

You are having some amazing results mate, very inspiring!

Squiggle

Very cool BB, I'm sure they'll inspire you once your new rack is built, hahaha :smiley_simmons:

rosiedosie

If your not inspired BB feel free to give them to me, I will continue it for you :p but seriously though, I will lol <.<

torface

I'm really hoping you have success with these, they're beautiful!

BlueBolts
If your not inspired BB feel free to give them to me' date=' I will continue it for you :p but seriously though, I will lol <.<[/quote']

Cherries may not inspire me...but, I'm a avid collector. BUT like the SW/GB rilli's, once I get a small colony going, I definitely would assist and encourage others to join with the breeding program, so that it becomes available to us all...

wayne6442

Love those shrimp, I am still floundering around in the bushes with my programmes, so very envious. if you need a hand just give me a hoy, love to get involved with this colour

wayne