Native Support, Journals & Trips

BlueBolts

izzy, mickeyG & myself were discussing the "proceeds" for the poorly coordinated barter game I attempted to organise...LOL. We all agreed that we should create a "native support section", and advertise items that we want to sell and/or get rid off that other hobbyist may want, with the proceeds going into a donation bin for our Native Shrimps, support for Northboy (bob) trips & journals, and perhaps a sponsored SKF trip for a lucky person(s).

Just after thoughts/ideas on how we can coordinate this with all the best intention. All ideas & thoughts are welcome ? Mods, please advise whether there are any issues/guidelines we need to consider, and steer us to the right direction.

We can also just advertised the items in the FS section, with a note confirming proceeds to "SKF Native Fund", for example.... We will need a person to administer, and collect the proceeds etc...., and obviously report it to the forum......

All ideas welcome....

• Like 1

I for one think this is a fantastic idea. The more support for our native shrimp the better and giving some lucky individuals the chance to see them in the wild is even better.

Awesome idea.... PICK ME PICK ME ...lol... I would not have an issue giving some coin to support this.... I think with northboy doing his thing up there we could end up with some amazing shrimp that are native to us....

All this native talk has got me wanting to go further upstream from where I typically collect/ have collected. In search of something different. I do enjoy a good field trip

I don't want any thing guys, put it all towards sending a Pseudo reporter up to spend time with me collecting, I will donate some stuff to auction to. Who do I send the stuff to be auctioned to, some one that can take photos, please remember I get very busy some time so it might take a couple of weeks for me to send the Auction stuff.

If it runs for more than 6 months my House Reno and fish house should be built so I can put some one up here

Bob

PS Chris, up stream is where the new goodies are to be found, beyond where the normal person goes and shrimp eating creatures are not so common.

I was going to give the light a clean and take some photo's for the fs section is that alright everyone?

I am also thinking of evilbay if the items don't sell here within a time frame. We could still give all of skf the option for say a fornight or month to grab the bargain if no one is keen then use eBay to sell the item and transfer the coin to skf?

I'm keen on any ideas or thoughts as to what to do with my light and ads 3l soil.

Mick

Thats an interesting idea. I'll send Dean a PM to see whether he's done any work/guidelines for this.

Bob is there an ideal month from both a shrimp adventure and your personal suitability that we can perhaps set ?

Thanks

June, July, August, the beginning of the dry, after the wet every thing has breed and the flat dogs are slow.

I was on the Johnston tonight and it was a realy good night, took the cameras to do another story and forgot to take them in the boat, how ever we had a break down so I was out walking through the Vall beds, so may be I might not have got the photos. The shrimp were THICK 3 species and Pipe fish to. Big snappy dog was 3 rapids down stream, spotted him when we were pulling the boat up the bank, he is only 4.5mts ONLY! if I had the camers I could have got a photo of him to, but by the time I got to the car he had moved on.

No panic I wont take visitors to those places.

Bob

expect me around that time (june, july August) then BOB!!! :triumphant:

and i want to be taken to see the little lizard :) 4.5mts aint that big :stupid:

No wuckin forries, that is the best time to see them as it is cold and they are out on the bank warming up.

Drop me a line when you are ready and bring a fishing rod to. OH and you need to spend at least 5 day to see some of the place.

Bob

Mornin Bob..shrimping/native expedition, wilderness, fishing......sounds like there'll be 600+ member on your doorstep in 6 months. LOL

Perhaps this "SKF Expedition with Bob", should be based on 2-3 SKF members going ....all $ raised/proceeds towards the expense of the expedition, i.e. food, flights, transport,.....As Bob mentioned, the expedition needs a Pseudo reporter/photographer, so we'll need to perhaps allocate/draw/vote, with the other person drawn "from a barrel" ?......I reckon Dean should be a automatic inclusion (no doubt Dean will deny this, but I think Dean's inclusion will better serve the purpose of the trip....)

I envisage that the purpose of this expedition is to create more of an awareness of our natives, acknowledge Bob's contribution to SKF/Native's, and create more articles, picture for our native section, as I for one absolutely look forward to reading all the posted journals by Bob.

So, when donating items/contributions...etc, the goal is to ultimately support this expedition, and to create more of an awareness for our Natives...etc, so please don't get disappointed if you're not the chosen/lucky person.

Dean, can you create the new forum and guidelines you mentioned ? So that we can start the process, as they are already several items/contributions waiting....

Thanks

Some one once asked me did I work for Tourism Tropical North Queensland, unfortunately I don't, but I am very pleased to live in the best part of this great country and love nothing more than to show it off.

Just one question, who goes Croc bait LOL? no all safe places.

If you get a few to come there is lots to see, do and collect, the lucky ones will go home with at least 8 Shrimp species for 5 days collecting and see some top places

Bob

Lol bob to be honest I wasn't all the fazzed about not going up north until I seen your photos. My partner and I go up the great ocean rd in Vic atleast once every two months and go for walks along creek beds and sussing out new tracks to follow etc, we have even been lucky enough to get permission to go on private property for a looksie but after seeing the photos you have posted I must admit your a lucky bugger!! Haha

Ill be up in qld in April for a mate's bday but I won't have a car

Where in QLD will you be? If you are any where near Cairns I will take you for a look around. Remember Cairns is a 20 hour drive from Brisbane.

Bob

Fairly sure he is living in brissie atm, ill be flying in so transportation is limited.

May be able to borrow a car for a few hours so yeah 20hr drive is outta the question this time, was hoping to check out a shrimp friendly shop or two while I was there.