Hi SKF

brenkirk

Hi,

I have just found SKF and shrimp in general. I currently have two tanks, one of which is my first shrimp tank. I started with a Fluval nano tank and an now addicted.

post-20-139909856434_thumb.jpg

I've got a few low grade Crystal Red and Crystal Black Shrimp, as well as some Red Cherry and a Yellow Cherry Shrimp.

post-20-139909856437_thumb.jpg

I currently saving for more tanks and better shrimp.

welcome brenKirk

this hobby is addictive so good luck with keeping it under control :cool-new:

your tank looks great also, what is that plastic thing in the front? diffuser?

Its the diffuser for the Fluval Mini CO2 kit. It's pretty ugly and I will replace it with a better system soon.

Lovely looking tanks brenkirk, how long had you been keeping them?

This is my first go at shrimp. The tank is about 2 months old and has had shrimp in it for a couple of weeks, so I'm really new to shrimp. I only have a few so far, just what I could get from the local shops. I'm saving now for some more tanks and better shrimp.

i'm sure there will be plenty of members here willing to help you out sourcing shrimp stock when you are ready. i never buy my shrimp from LFS anymore as what you can get privately is cheaper, much nicer and better cared for IMHO.

i'm sure there will be plenty of members here willing to help you out sourcing shrimp stock when you are ready. i never buy my shrimp from LFS anymore as what you can get privately is cheaper' date=' much nicer and better cared for IMHO.[/quote']

Yeah I have realized that looking at the great shrimp on this site and others. Unfortunately I joined AL just as all the crap happened so missed out on that option to source nice looking shrimp. Hopefully I will be able to get some better shrimp from other enthusiasts in the next couple of months.