My Tonina style Dutch

pleco4me

Introducing my new Tonina style Dutch stank, just past the 3 week mark. This time I am using aqua soil and 100% RODI water with the addition of Seachem Equilibrium. Now I can have complete control of my water parameters and Im already seeing better results, as opposed to Perth tap water. At this stage I am trying waiting for the plants to establish themselves and after I am seeing good growth I will work on an aquascape. The goal is to produce an aquascape focused around Tonina, Syngonanthus, Eriocalulon and Eriocaulacae, as well as any other nice fine leaved plant.

At the moment, many of the plants don’t find the aquascape I have in mind but I will remove them at a later stage. At the moment Im just enjoying the plants and trying to grow them to their full potential.

Tank: 60x45x45cm

Cabinet: Gloss white

Lighting: 6x24W ATI Powermodule + CAD Lights aluminium lamp tree. 3x Hagen Glo, 2x Sylvannia Gro Lux, 1x ATI Aquablue Special

Filtration: Eheim 2215 + Astro 2212

Heater: Jager 50W

CO2: Pressurised through Sera 1000

Substrate: Up Aqua

Top2_zps80eb97f5.jpgSide2_zps17accf47.jpgSide_zps3540cea1.jpgTop_zpse77696f1.jpg

Would love to hear some comments :)

Craig

3 weeks, that's absolutely awesome ! Looking forward for updates. Love the Erio's...what's the plant on the front left corner ? Are you expecting any algae bloom during the initial stages of he tank ?

Thanks Marcus! If you are ever in the area, please feel free to drop in and check it out. One of those Erios has your name on it :)

Front left is Rotala macrandra.

Initial algae bloom is inevitable, but Im managing it with partial water changes 2-3 times a week. I have the CO2 cranking and that is definitely helping to keep it at bay. At the moment I have some diatoms on the older leaves of some slower growing plants - I will need to pick up some Otos to help manage it.

Beautiful scape. Do you find the blue spectrum light makes much of a difference to growth or is it there more to get the desired colour from the full lighting system?

Beautiful scape. Do you find the blue spectrum light makes much of a difference to growth or is it there more to get the desired colour from the full lighting system?

Thanks Nogi! I always try to use globes with different spectrum, that way (as you mentioned) the full lighting system has a complete spectrum to properly grow all the different plants.

wow, i love the clean look, any change of a fts from the front? i love dutch scapes but unfortunately i love shrimps more haha, not sure i can see all my shrimplets if I did it, would love to try one day tho!

Thanks everyone. More pics to come in the next update.

Currently I have some shrimp kindly donated by my good friend Bluebolts :) There is a pair of yellow cherrys, chocolate cherrys, Red Rilis and wild type cherrys. I would love to add some CRS and Otocinclus in the near future.

Wow what a neat looking tank thanks for sharing keep us updated at the tank progresses along :)

Thanks so much everyone, I really didn't expect so much positive feedback on the layout. I will keep you all updated on its progress and thanks again for your support! :)

Fantastic tank Craig, love the array of different colours :encouragement:

Are you planning on adding any driftwood or rocks?

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, Loach was sooo impressed, he posted twice. LOL. Absolutely GEOURGOUS ! I had the privilege to see Craig's other planted tank prior to him tearing it down, and couldn't fandom anyone tearing down a near perfect planted tank....but I guess if one can reproduce a another master piece, why not.....thanks for posting the pics Craig, and well done mate !

I like the pics Craig. The plants look so lush and vibrant. Beautiful and relaxing to look at.

Wow' date=' Loach was sooo impressed, he posted twice. LOL. Absolutely GEOURGOUS ! I had the privilege to see Craig's other planted tank prior to him tearing it down, and couldn't fandom anyone tearing down a near perfect planted tank....but I guess if one can reproduce a another master piece, why not.....thanks for posting the pics Craig, and well done mate ![/quote']

Ahh didnt even realise! My ipad froze up during the first post....

Thanks everyone for the nice words!

Wow, Loach was sooo impressed, he posted twice. LOL. Absolutely GEOURGOUS ! I had the privilege to see Craig's other planted tank prior to him tearing it down, and couldn't fandom anyone tearing down a near perfect planted tank....but I guess if one can reproduce a another master piece, why not.....thanks for posting the pics Craig, and well done mate !
You're too kind Marcus. You're welcome to drop past to visit this tank any time! I recommend coming after 7pm to see maximum pearling :congratulatory:

• 5 weeks later...

Love your tank Craig.

Seems you hit the sweet spot in terms of light and nutrients.

Truly an transpiration to see such healthy plants growing in such good hands

Wow, what a stunning tank! Love the whole thing, everything just compliments each other :encouragement:

image-74_zpsaa953cbf.jpg

• 3 months later...