painted fire red cherries. In australia? or not? opinions please, i say no

Gbang

Discussion time!!! and yes i might offend some people but facts are facts. if people claim they have painted fire cherries...why don't they ever show people their males? particularly in Australia, i have never seen anyone show me a MALE.

to this day i have seen many amazing females but not one single male.

Open to discussion and please, PROVE ME WRONG, cause i wanna buy painted fire red cherries ;) so if you do prove me wrong, please be prepared for a friend and pm notification :P

please see this link with male painted fire red cherries.

http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum/showthread.php/73993-Advise-on-Breeding-Quality-Fire-Red-Shrimps

personally, i feel that as proof, all claims of people with painted fire red cherries should include a photo of a male with their female counterpart or at least in the same tank

Male or female??

Going to have a guess at female. I think I can see what looks like a saddle forming.

Very nice shrimp whichever sex it is.

Hmmm...

Gbang's got me on a mission to find at least 1 male.

Surely I can't have all females...

I did do a major cull recently and only kept the strongest reds though.

About 10 out of about 400 mixed grade Cherries.

IMG_2249_zpsb3aef9ea.jpgIMG_2257_zps2bb315ce.jpg

Not sure if this would qualify? Sorry for the bad shots first time taking macros and using my new 100m lens and flash

Wow ziek that is an amazing cherry!!! It's it of painted fire quality but again. It's the male that proves painted fire genetics and bloodline. Any pics of the male?

A pic of my best male (middle) thinking sakura or painted. Definitely not painted fire as I can just see the saddle on the females. Come to thinking about it this is the best male I have ever had and I haven't seen any painted males. Could they be line bred or would you need some of the original strain? Maybe that can be a new project for someone.

20130114_170050_zps7bfb52b3.jpg

Cheers Mick

Very nice mick! I think it's a case of us just line breeding them to overseas level. If we want to do things the legal way

• 2 weeks later...

This project was a pet of mine but was stalled by genetic stock and no market, I can speak for at least one other who is EXTREMELY interested in line breeding Australias own PAINTED reds though.