How to catch my Ninjas :)

CCA001

Mods if this is in the wrong area please move and my apologies.

Hi all well i have tried the water bottle and the gatorade bottle shrimp trap idea to try and get them but alas NO shrimp, i have even put little pin ***** holes in the sides close to the bottom to try and attract them to it. I even put the Benibachi food in the bottom still NO SHRIMP grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr anyone got any ideas of what to try as i am leaving it in there during the day when im out at work (lights of even).

Thanks in advance for your ideas :)

Food in a net, on the bottom.... Just do things the old fasioned way. Or get one of those mesh frysavers. Place on bottom of tank. Place food inside and wait a few minutes and remove mesh frysaver with shrimp :)

Well they are ninjas.......

seriously though you might have to leave the traps in there longer to encourage them to go after the food in the traps. Maybe dont feed the tank for a few days to make sure they're really hungry then try using the traps.

fishmossy:They have been in there for 2 days now and still nothing, might leave it another day or 2 then i shall try the little frysaver idea only problem is id have to do that when i get home and keep an eye on it over a few hours that would eat into some ME time :)

Yes the little buggers can be time consuming at times. However I think you are on the right track. Get them hungry and they'll be easier to catch.

Cheers guess the poor little guys will have to go into the bottle for food sill wait another day or 2 then put anther small piece of benibachi food in or maybe a small piece of algae wafer for them :)

why cant you just use a net and scoop them out 1 by 1..im confused ?

or is there something in this post i fail to see..?!

They are in a planted tank and great little hiders in amongst the plants i don't fancy stirring up the soil then i REALLY wont be able to see them :)

Plus with all my other stuff going on in fishroom and the kids i don't want to stand there for ages trying to catch them one by one (without sounding rude)

lol adam..i think your in trouble then..

have you tried the bottle cut in half thingy..?

ill see if i can find a link its works for me in the past..

brb..lol

Ye the bottle is what i am trying now been in for a couple of days now, used a gatorade bottle and a water bottle but not 1 Ninja yet, plenty of snails tho :)

did you cutthe bottle in half and stick the neck part into the bottom of the bottle..

bahahha dont know if that makes sense

Yep sure did followed the guide of plant inverts i think it was, i have even taken the screw on lid of it now incase i made the hole to small but still NO dam shrimp HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

are you sure theres shrimp in the tank ..tehehhehhehe

nah seriously starve them like fishmossy said . then try a little blood worm.. they will like that :)

good luck mate..

LOL honcho :) YES they are there i have seen some in amongst the plants and around them.

Will starve them for a couple or few days and then try again will leave bottle in there so they get used to it :).

Thanks will let you know how i go.

Great meeting up with you the other day, pity we didn't catch anything tho. (but i did late arvo/early evening today :) )

yeah was good meeting ya mate..

if you want a hand i can always swing around and help ya catch them out the old fashioned way..with shrimpnets..!

You realy have only one option.

When all lights have been out for about 1 hour, go in with a cap or head light and catch them. Have the covers off and a bucket of water ready, also to make it easy starve them for a week (no harm) and after starving them put a bit of food at the front of the tank, they will be there. It might take a couple of go but you will get them.

Bob