Howdy from SW PA

LowLife

New to the forum but not the hobby. I’ve been keeping various types of aquariums for years. Mainly Reef Tanks or some sort of planted tank. A few years ago I started breeding the “Nano Rasbora” and Danio species and for the past 2-3 years I’ve been breeding various types of Caridina shrimp. I have also been breeding the Neo’s for the last 4-5 years. Hopefully I can learn a few tricks from you folks and maybe even help someone else out along the way. 

• Like 1

Also, welcome to the forum!

Hopefully we will hear more about your setups and experience. How did the Rasbora breeding go, I had chilli rasbora until a few months ago?

Edited by sdlTBfanUK
  • Like 1

Those are one of the main Rasbora that I breed. I also breed Phoenix, Kubotai, CPD’s, Dwarf Emerald, and Pygmy Cory’s and Hasbrosus Cory’s. A few others as well. Basically almost all of the Micro Rasbora and CPD’s and Dwarf Emeralds breed the same. The main thing is getting the adults out of the tank in time so they don’t eat the eggs. They will gobble them up really quick if you’re not careful. I’ve had them eat every single egg (40-50ish) in about 4 hours. I’m getting ready to try the Strawberry Rasbora and Least Rasbora as soon as I make some room for another “grow out“ tank.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I used to live in PA - but made the move down to Florida 13 years ago. BEST move I have ever made!

Also new to the hobby - and the forum.

Look forward to learning from yall.

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum! i hope you find lots of useful information on here that helps you in your start in the hobby and you have a lot of success with it.

Feel free to post any questions or comments etc.

• Like 1