Limpets in the aquarium - should i be worried

stephwheels

hi again - and on another topic! Limpets, or at least I fairly sure thats what I have. What info I can find says they are harmless, but could be a nuisance as they can get out of hand easily. I have started sliding them out of the glass whenever I see them I did put them under the microscope when I first found them and they were fascinating but not really great to look at! In reality they are just tiny white specks inside the glass - but could they be an issue? I have a pretty cool video of two of them almost sparring in a petrie dish lol - but not sure if I can/or how to go about uploading videos on here. But then you've probably seen it all before anyway. TIA

limpets.jpg

limpet under microscope.jpg

• Like 1

I would just carry on manually removing them as and when you see them. They will be harmless enough to the shrimp and, like snails, may even help with keeping the tank generally cleaner. Any treatments you could try would almost certainly affect the shrimps negatively anyway. As you indicate, they are interesting in their own way and add another dimension, but you need to just keep on top of them, before they do become a bigger issue though!

Great photos.

• Like 1