Caridina water parameters

Mac

I believe it is one (or more) of the minerals that GH measure that are the most important for aiding the molting process, which is the same as other types of shrimp such as Neocaridina etc!

If the supplier you are getting the shrimp from keeps them in GH3 and has said that is ok, but the generally accepted range is 4 - 6, so ideally 5 as that is mid range! As before though, there may not be a 1GH difference between GH3 and GH4, it is only a rough reading with the tester kits as they change colour in whole GH only, ie GH3 on the tester, could be GH3.2 water and a reading of GH4 on the tester, could be GH4.7 water, so it shows a 1GH increase on the tester but is 1.5GH difference in the water. 

I recommend aiming/keeping the GH4 and as long as you drip acclimate the shrimps to the new water over as many hours as you can you should be fine. At this point just try and keep the parameters constant as possible over the next week until the shrimp arrive!

Once the shrimp are settled into the new tank (weeks) it will still be adviseable to very slowly increase you GH and TDS in to/closer to the mid ideal range, but that is for the future so we can come back to that at that point.

• Like 2

On 11/22/2022 at 2:17 PM, markie said:

i will update you once the shrimp arrive

Good luck.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

hi masters 🙇🏻‍♂️🙏

This is my tank now i have 3 tank for 

1. RGFB, BOA GENES, PINTO , PRL PBL, BKK OE YELLOW, BLUE BOLT SS , ect ect 

2. PRL and CRS 

3. BLUE BOLT S , OE yellow, ect 

Now master the shrimp arrive last nov 29 and my tank of prl and crs every day i saw dead shrimps i dont know why 😢 and my tank of galaxy or the 1st tank i saw 2 to 4 dead yesterday. And my blue bolt s tank isaw 3 to 5 dead already 😢😢 idont know why i dont know what to do why its happen 😭 plss help me master i dont want to lose anymore shrimps in my tank 😭😭

IMG20221203004250.jpg

IMG20221203004242.jpg

IMG20221203004235.jpg

• Like 1

Lots of beautiful shrimps you have there. Did you get them all at the same time on 29 november. You need to drip acclimate shrimps to the tanik water and I suspect you may not have done that if these all came at the same time (that would have been one huge order and usually the different types are bagged separately)? Even if you did drip acclimate I would expect you to lose 10% (even up to 20%) in the first 2 weeks (to a month) due to the stress of travel and adapting to new water/environnment.

Don't panic though, the deaths should be less each day for the first few weeks.

As long as the water parameters are right and constant it should settle down. If you didn't drip acclimate you may lose more than 10% though! I see you have feeding dishes so I assume you are feeding them? Just keep an eye on them and maybe note what and how many you are losing and you should see less die off each day in the first 2 weeks or so.

Keep us updated! They are beautiful shrimps, I am especially a blue bolt fan and you have some nice ones!

I iaclimate it like 6 to 7 hours and no casualties and then when i put the caridina to there tanks tomorrow that day i saw 1 or 2 dead in my prl tank after 1 to 2 days again i saw in my galaxy tank 2 or 3 dead and my prl like 2 to 3 dead and blue bolt like 2 to 4 

• Like 1

How many shrimp did you order. Those death numbers are very low if you got ALL the shrimps in the photos together so I wouldn't worry as some deaths from shipping etc is almost inevitable! By the photos losing 5-8 shrimp with that great quantity is actually quite impressive and you did well, though as previously stated you will likely lose a few more in the next few weeks but the numbers dying should drop as time goes by.

Don't panic and start altering things though as that can make things much worse.

• Like 1

I would recommend 10% water change per tank per week (or 20% per 2 weeks if you prefer) and add the new water gradually, dripping is the easiest way to add the new water as you can just leave it whilst that is happening! Squeeze the sponges gently in the removed 10% old water, check carefully for any baby shrimp that may be clinging/feeding on the sponge before removing it from the tank - you don't need to do this weekly but I do so it just became a habit.

I would just keep things as constant as possible for the near future so the new water matches the old water, though tds doesn't need to match exactly, so best aim for slightly over rather than under as the tds is low and once mixed with the tank water it will hardly notice due to dilution with the tank water!

Give the shrimp a chance to get used to it as it is for now!

You shouldn't need to do anything with your PH when using soil substrate, RO water and remineraliser - why do you ask this question?

What are your tanks PH running at (don't take readings first thing in the morning)?

Hope you haven't lost any/many more of your new shrimps!

Because after this i want to keep Sulawesi.

The update of my tank 

My galaxy tank i saw 2 dead.

My crs and prl tank i saw 1

My blue bolt tank nothing

• Like 1

It looks like the deaths are dropping which will hopefully continue!

There are products that will give ideal parameters for sulawesi shrimps using RO water. That would be the best and easiest way to do that tank. So you would do exactly the same as the current tanks except use a different remineraliser. Here is a link to a couple (you should be able to get from ebay or amazon) but there are others out there also;

https://www.pro-shrimp.co.uk/shrimp-king/686-shrimp-king-sulawesi-mineral-ghkh-200g-4001615061505.html?search_query=sulawesi&results=28

https://www.pro-shrimp.co.uk/salty-shrimp/183-salty-shrimp-sulawesi-mineral-85-250g-4260290710423.html?search_query=sulawesi&results=28

Master plss help me im so confused right now 😭 what is the difference of CRS and PRL? Because they look like the same grade 😭

• Like 1

The grading is the same for both but PRL have been only bred with other PRL of highest quality for generation to produce a better quality red and purer white (CRS can be blotchy and a creamy white when lesser quality) and if kept with only PRL that should continue. The colour and depth of colour should be greater with PRL than CRS, being redder whereas CRS can be more of an orange red and be a bit more blotchy in the white!

Mixing the 2 types means you lose the PRL lineage but you should still get beautiful coloured/pattern shrimps, it just means they are no longer PURE of LINE. This only really matters if you plan to sell the offspring as they can't be called PRL but only sold as CRS, even if they look like PRL, as they may produce offspring of lower quality due to the mixed genes. If you are just a hobbyist who isn't planning to sell PRL it doesn't really matter and the chances are the PRL crossing with CRS will produce nicer higher grade shrimp! 

From your photo though all your shrimp are of such good quality I couldn't tell which is which? So just enjoy them for whatever they are would be my advice!