Mixing Cherries

NoGi

So we know that mixing red and yellow can result in a regression back to wild colour but what about other cherry colour mixes? Like Yellow and Brown/Blue etc...?

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

I'll let you know soon Nogi. I have in my planted fish tank, Reds, Yellows, Blues, Sunkist, and soon some Chocolates. It looks amazing when you see all the different colours clambering over the leaves etc.

My son's tank is themed with all the colour of cherries, and there's been several berried ones...will have a closer look next week when we return on hols to see the shrimplets they produce.

Yes, Heavyd, really nice to see all the odours in one tank...however, I used pool filter sand (white), which doesn't really show off their full potential colours.

Marcus, I think sand works quite well if you have plenty of dark green mosses and plants. I recently added very white sand to the front of my tank with benibachi soil behind it. I think it looks great, and the shrimp can colour up or down depending on which part of the tank they are in.

Does work well, but not really promote all the colours as much as a darker substrate..

Did the scape minimalist in style so that the shrimps are more in view. Over time, they do colour up, but not as vibrant as I know they can be....

Pic of tank and its substrate some months ago now.... Lots of shrimp since added.

post-888-139909858864_thumb.jpg

post-24-139909847204_thumb.jpg

I'll let you know soon Nogi. I have in my planted fish tank' date=' Reds, Yellows, Blues, Sunkist, and soon some Chocolates. It looks amazing when you see all the different colours clambering over the leaves etc.[/quote']

Cheers, how will we know if the red tainted the offspring though? I'm trying to work out if it is at all to have a combination that will be less likely to regress if that is even at all possible. Half tempted to put a couple of blues into my yellow breeding tank to see what happens.

Ditto for me too....this tank is just a viewing tank with all mixed cherries. All my wild types came from my brown cherry tank..

Am working on similar thing atm.

Have 4 Chocs, 16 Yellows, some of Gbangs 'Reds from Chocs' and a few Painted Fire Reds together.

Just waiting for the Yellows and Chocs to mature a little, Fire Reds are mature and ready to go.

I like having the various colours in there together.

I chose the Up Aqua Shrimp Sand mainly for the dark colour of the substrate to help keep their solid colour.

I didn't think this would happen so soon but one of the Red from Chocolate parents that I got off Gbang is berried, question now is which is the one that has bred with her....

Chocolate... Yellow... Fire Red..???