Not a shrimp

Baccus

Its not a shrimp, but still a pretty cool native snail. I rarely get to see these guys since they only tend to emerge from the substrate at night.

So here he is.

P1090220_zpsc1882725.jpgP1090219_zps1d8d8e7e.jpgP1090217_zpsc9600a80.jpg

Bob is the guy to answer where abouts they came from :). They have been in the tank the same time as some other snails I got off Bob (aka Northboy) but these guys haven't looked like multiplying either.

They have shown no interest in plants, I never see them on the glass and really only find them during the day if I pull the tank apart and dig carefully through the gravel. I can't say I have even seen them on the timber in the tank either, nor do they seem to come out to partake in any of the usually pellet foods that MTS, Ramshorns and the shrimp all go gaga over. So I really am a bit stumped on just what these guys are eating. My best bet would be mirco organisms in the mulm. I know that my nerite snails like a bit of nori sheet, so one of these nights I will put some nori in and come back later well after lights out to see if these little spikey guys come out for a feed.

Here is a couple of pictures I took of the snails when they first arrived home

P1060274.jpgP1060272.jpg

And why not here are my lovely nerites as well

P1070910.jpgP1070490.jpgP1070496.jpg

These guys have done an amazing job on algea on the glass.