Is this planaria? Parasite? Please help identify and treatment!!

CrookiestoPro9991

I spot this one and not sure if it is planaria?! As soon as I spot one, I would remove them immediately so far. Anyone knows what it is and how to get rid of them without killing shrimps? 

4D3B00DC-469C-43CA-80EF-4FDEFF3FC34F.jpeg

• Confused 1

Have you seen it/any move and if so do they stretch and/or change shape as they do that?

It doesn't look like planaria to me, it looks more like an (snail?) egg or something similar! Do you have anything other than shrimp in the tank?

There is the link below to a post on Planaria which may help you;

https://skfaquatics.com/forum/articles/pests/how-to-combat-planaria-in-the-aquarium-r94/

It not Planaria.

That looks like a Freshwater Limpet. 

They are harmless and not parasites. More like a snail.

• Like 2

I’m not quite sure, I saw ones that move quite fast and it can change its shape to be like tube look like (see below photos) while the one in the previous photo/post is very slow moving and I think I can see its mouth like those of snails. I just pick them out when I see any strange creatures in my tank besides my shrimps and nerite snails. 

209F91B2-796D-4AD4-BD11-B5974AC41562.jpeg

5266CE1F-507D-43A2-9CBF-45CED615A8E4.jpeg

• Sad 1

That does look quite planaria like to me in these photos, though I haven't ever seen it in my tanks.

On 5/31/2022 at 2:20 AM, CrookiestoPro9991 said:

5266CE1F-507D-43A2-9CBF-45CED615A8E4.jpeg

What am I suppose to be looking at here? ?

Maybe circle it in MS Paint or something for my tired old eyes?

Unless you are using water from a creek for water changes, I'd start treating any new plants you get before putting them into your main tank. That's probably where most unwanted pests come from.

Edited by jayc
  • Like 1

All my plants I got are those tissue ones because I was afraid of unwanted pest. My bad, I suspect the one I spotted and took out was planaria but unsure with the photos I looked up on the internet lol I saw two types and not sure if they are the same kind or different one as they behave quite differently. 

• Like 1