New TDS Meter Help.

herrwibi

Hi all,

I've recently bought a new TDS Meter that i can calibrate and should give me more accurate TDS  readings. The 3 cheaper ones i have all seem to be reading differently and this one you can calibrate.

The only issue is it comes with 3 different modes for the TDS and i have a vague idea of what mode it should be in but was wondering if anyone could help out. I've attached a photo of the three different modes and hope someone can help. KCI/442/NaCI are the different modes. 

I think the standard conversation is KCI but i may be wrong?

I found this in the guide so i guess i got my answer and didn't look hard enough. 

Aquariums and Reef Tanks: ppm-NaCl or ppm-KCl

Thanks. 

Untitled.png

Edited by herrwibi
  • Confused 1

That's a little too much for me but hopefully someone can help.

I have 2 TDS meters and they produce different readings, but not to the extent it is likely to be a problem, as you don't need an exact number, that is probably a step too far.???

What readings do you get with tap water from the 3 tds meters? You can get a fish/aquarium store to also see what they get by taking a jar of tap water to the store.

Hope you have a great xmas tomorrow!

Edited by sdlTBfanUK

I managed to figure it out. In the instruction man it says to use NaCI  or KCI for an aquarium or reef.

My two older TDS meters are very similar around 130 to 140 theres about 10 PPM between them. The new one i received today was 50 PPM. I've bought one for around £45 that can be calibrated so i hope i get a more accurate reading.

Thank you for your reply. Have a good Christmas . ?

• Like 1