My latest project

bailey88

Well as you all know it's the holiday season and well i got bored so I traded an old 4 ft for 2x2ft already drilled and divided tanks post-29-139909858856_thumb.jpgbrought timber today started making frame work first ever timber stand made by me and probably the last lol in going to stick to steel and cutting materials my self ( chick at bunnings cut every piece 2-3 mm difference :( so that's added to making it a touch wonky custom as I would say but never the less wonky )post-24-139909858858_thumb.jpgpost-24-13990985886_thumb.jpg

post-206-139909858369_thumb.jpg

post-206-139909858374_thumb.jpg

post-206-139909858377_thumb.jpg

Lighting:will most likely be and led set up currently looking at this

Aquarium LED Light 120cm 27W Sea Marine Reef Fish Coral Aqua Tank Blue White

http://bit.ly/W8P6CC

Filtration: will be a sump again currently talking to a bloke in Townsville who is going to assist me make one out of glass pics too come !!!

going to be a nice little setup, what are you planning to keep in them?

Going to hook them up to a sump?

Tank mates i will be on the look out for choc's , blacks and prob snowies when the time is right

Plants prob going to be mosses and what ever I have spare in other tanks bolbitis java fern Etc ... Would love some star moss if anyone has any and wants to pm me;)

Great work. It always seems like a great idea building your own stand.tanks. But whatever the outcome, it'll make us all a more accomplish hobbyist. Looking forward to the updates.

Good work on the DIY. Or Wonky DIY as you call it.

Just make sure the lighting isnt reef spectrum as you will probably end up with a fair bit of algae in your tank.

Legs going on post-974-139909847549_thumb.jpg

Completed

post-1019-139909858897_thumb.jpg

With tanks on

post-1019-1399098589_thumb.jpg

Gotta love kids my son was trying to help me bang thing and screw things together just he wasn't using the timber lol hmm too silicone or just replace while side

post-1019-139909858902_thumb.jpg

post-206-139909847212_thumb.jpg

post-206-139909847216_thumb.jpg

post-206-139909847219_thumb.jpg

post-206-139909847222_thumb.jpg

aww bless him, good job on the stand mate

i take it this tank will be sumped??

Please keep us updated

Looking good Bailey, loving the diy effort man. Gotta love the guys who cut timber at bunnings, my local one has a sign that says they had a 4 mm tolerance on there cuts haha

Who can say re-sealpost-260-139909847697_thumb.jpg

well I'm happy to say tanks coming along got all plumbing today just waiting on the 2.5 ft tank that's I'm going to attempt to turn into glass sump And hopefully have a freshwater refugum or how ever it's spelt lol

post-206-139909847312_thumb.jpg

So far so good reseal went well all plumbing put in just need to make a few adjustments and get a new pump 1100lph isn't enough still need to set up sump also ran it for about and hr

[ATTACH]1547[/ATTACH]

post-452-139909847752_thumb.jpg

post-452-139909847754_thumb.jpg

post-206-139909847346_thumb.jpg

post-206-139909847349_thumb.jpg

post-206-139909847351_thumb.jpg

Don't ask zac just make lol..

BB talking next week with a bloke who builds sumps going to be looking at doing a freshwater refugium so hopefully with in 2 weeks fill her up get it cycling

Great, don't forget to update us on the progress, always a nice reed.

Just a small suggestion...may want to install taps on each outlet, so that it gives you the flexibility to isolate each tank etc...can be done anytime though...

Way ahead of you on that one BB ;) got taps up on top to adjust flow still trying to sort of the flows trying 2000lph pump tonight will most likely be putting in sponge filters aswell :)

Looks good...but i was just wondering,what happens if the overflow filter mesh clogs just enough to cause the water entering the tank to exceed water exiting tank?....I have experienced this on much larger mesh than your using when i was feeding duckweed to cichlids on a much larger system.while my mesh was big enough to allow duck weed through it only took a small piece of blanket weed to help the duck weed to clog it. My solution was to drill lots of small holes in a 12 inch piece of pvc pipe and fit that to the bulkhead so even if one part became clogged there was plenty more holes to allow water through. Nothing kills domestic bliss like a wet carpet! lol Good luck with your project :)

I've got mesh on my other rack with no dramas of clogging as of yet finger crossed :)

Run into a speed bump tank I originally got to turn into a sump is too small need a longer one I've drawn this up just wanting to know will it work is there anything I've missed out ?? It will be 1100l 400 w 450h any feedback would be much appreciated

post-277-139909847883_thumb.jpg

post-206-139909847433_thumb.jpg