SKFAquatics Monthly Digest November 28, 2021

skfadmin

SKF newsletter is full of great new posts this month! We welcome all our new shrimp keepers! 

Latest Forum Posts

Do shrimp need to eat antibiotics?
beanbag
Hello folks,  Short story - I have the same problem as last year with only certain shrimps getting shortened antennae disease.  They don't grow up to be full size, and the antennae start to get …
141 views 2 comments
Shrimp ID Help Please
Kaizen088
Hi all, I just got back into shrimp keeping after a long break. This guy was sold as an Orange Eyed Tiger, was hoping to get confirmation.
216 views 5 comments
Advice on feeding vegetables
Hammy
Hey guys just wanted to ask a question also to let you know how things are going. My tank is looking great out of the 13 original blue dream/velvet shrimp I bought I have 6 left they are doing great…
190 views 6 comments
Fish room, breed for profit and licencing.
nathanaldo07
I posted a thread a couple of days ago titles; 'Shipping live aquatics in the UK. How can I do this? Can I do this?' and in that thread I said I wanted to breed for fun on a small scale. Howe…
169 views 6 comments
Help finding shrimp
Nicole7140
I'm in Tasmania and shrimp aren't allowed here, I've been dreaming about a shrimp tank for as long as I can remember.    There are no native species here and I'm wondering can you buy like c…
192 views 3 comments
Shipping live aquatics in the UK. How can I do this? Can I do this?
nathanaldo07
I know this is a controversial topic of sending live fish/invertebrates through the post, however, I have came to the conclusion that if I take all the precautions - double bagging, using polystyren…
143 views 5 comments
Hello from Tasmania
isfrael
Technically I'm not new, I used to keep shrimp many years ago when I lived in SA. I made the move to Tasmania four years ago and was recently wanting to get back into the aquarium world. Is ther…
273 views 4 comments

Popular Forum Posts

Shrimp Diseases and Diagnosis
jayc
With the wealth of knowledge from experienced keepers here in SKF, we should have a repository of Shrimp Diseases where people can come to diagnose and hopefully find a cure to their shrimp's ailment…
245597 views 181 comments
Here we go again, again!
sdlTBfanUK
Summary from the old thread; I managed to destroy my wonderful Taiwan bee tank with a faulty heater that cooked them. I then set up the tank afresh May 2019 using shrimpking substrate, new plant…
690 views 5 comments
Do shrimp need to eat antibiotics?
beanbag
Hello folks,  Short story - I have the same problem as last year with only certain shrimps getting shortened antennae disease.  They don't grow up to be full size, and the antennae start to get …
141 views 2 comments
Shrimp ID Help Please
Kaizen088
Hi all, I just got back into shrimp keeping after a long break. This guy was sold as an Orange Eyed Tiger, was hoping to get confirmation.
216 views 5 comments
Advice on feeding vegetables
Hammy
Hey guys just wanted to ask a question also to let you know how things are going. My tank is looking great out of the 13 original blue dream/velvet shrimp I bought I have 6 left they are doing great…
190 views 6 comments
Fish room, breed for profit and licencing.
nathanaldo07
I posted a thread a couple of days ago titles; 'Shipping live aquatics in the UK. How can I do this? Can I do this?' and in that thread I said I wanted to breed for fun on a small scale. Howe…
169 views 6 comments
Purple Cherry Shrimp .....
BlueBolts
Selective breeding blue cherry shrimps, and found this in my colony 2day ...... unsure whether there's more, lights went off as I took this shot !
31437 views 72 comments
Shipping live aquatics in the UK. How can I do this? Can I do this?
nathanaldo07
I know this is a controversial topic of sending live fish/invertebrates through the post, however, I have came to the conclusion that if I take all the precautions - double bagging, using polystyren…
143 views 5 comments
Help finding shrimp
Nicole7140
I'm in Tasmania and shrimp aren't allowed here, I've been dreaming about a shrimp tank for as long as I can remember.    There are no native species here and I'm wondering can you buy like c…
192 views 3 comments
Hello from Tasmania
isfrael
Technically I'm not new, I used to keep shrimp many years ago when I lived in SA. I made the move to Tasmania four years ago and was recently wanting to get back into the aquarium world. Is ther…
273 views 4 comments
Battling Increasing pH
piste
Ok....so I am fairly experienced fresh water fish and shrimp keeper but I have been battling pH in my shrimp tank and could really use some guidance.  This is a 5 gallon tank that I have had runnin…
903 views 10 comments

Thanks and talk to you soon!
Cesar
SKFAquatics.com
Owner/Admin

P.S. Feel free to send me a PM or email if you have any suggestions, concerns or questions.

https://skfaquatics.com/forum/settings/?area=newsletters