SKFAquatics Monthly Digest October 28, 2021

skfadmin

SKF newsletter is full of great new posts this month! We welcome all our new shrimp keepers! 

Latest Forum Posts

unwanted population explosion
ineke
So how is everyone going at the moment ? As some of you are aware I started breeding shrimp back in 2012 , starting with some beautiful Reds then Chocolate and blacks. I also added some blue gen…
102 views 4 comments
Hi!
Franks
Hello everyone! I am Franks, glad to be part of this community!
183 views 2 comments
Here we go again, again!
sdlTBfanUK
Summary from the old thread; I managed to destroy my wonderful Taiwan bee tank with a faulty heater that cooked them. I then set up the tank afresh May 2019 using shrimpking substrate, new plant…
447 views 4 comments
Swapped out 3 year old amazonia for Fluval stratum - huge ammonia spike
WaldoDude
Hey all, been a while since I posted,  I recently rescaped my 3 year old 10g cube tank cause I was having algae issues. All I did was swap out the old amazonia substrate for some fresh fluval str…
397 views 4 comments
Determining shrimp sexes
Smurfy
I think I know the sexes of my shrimp but want more experienced opinions. Also, I was told that an Amano shrimp will not breed with different types of freshwater shrimp. Is that correct? Thank you …
286 views 3 comments
looking for Caridina Typus and Caridina serratirostris
Curtis
hi guys im looking for any caridina typus and serratriostris if anyone has any please email me  happy to pay a premium. [email protected]
576 views 5 comments

Popular Forum Posts

unwanted population explosion
ineke
So how is everyone going at the moment ? As some of you are aware I started breeding shrimp back in 2012 , starting with some beautiful Reds then Chocolate and blacks. I also added some blue gen…
102 views 4 comments
Here we go again, again!
sdlTBfanUK
Summary from the old thread; I managed to destroy my wonderful Taiwan bee tank with a faulty heater that cooked them. I then set up the tank afresh May 2019 using shrimpking substrate, new plant…
447 views 4 comments
Anyone tried to reduce PH with black tea?
inkspot007
i'm trying something and wondered if anybody else have tried it. I have seen from many fellow aquarium keepers that, to lower PH in your water, adding driftwood, leaves, etc. will reduce PH and the…
1523 views 6 comments
Hi!
Franks
Hello everyone! I am Franks, glad to be part of this community!
183 views 2 comments
Battling Increasing pH
piste
Ok....so I am fairly experienced fresh water fish and shrimp keeper but I have been battling pH in my shrimp tank and could really use some guidance.  This is a 5 gallon tank that I have had runnin…
726 views 9 comments
Here we go again!
sdlTBfanUK
I have now pretty much set up the shrimp tank afresh. The layout isn't 100% yet as I am testing a piece of rock for the week which I will test if it has any affect on Ph at the weekend when it has …
5781 views 95 comments
Swapped out 3 year old amazonia for Fluval stratum - huge ammonia spike
WaldoDude
Hey all, been a while since I posted,  I recently rescaped my 3 year old 10g cube tank cause I was having algae issues. All I did was swap out the old amazonia substrate for some fresh fluval str…
397 views 4 comments
Tank mates
Hammy
Hey just thought I’d check in and say hi I’ve got a new tank cycling and I have some shrimp that’s going to be going into it but I was wanting to get something else to go into it I was thinking abo…
577 views 12 comments
Determining shrimp sexes
Smurfy
I think I know the sexes of my shrimp but want more experienced opinions. Also, I was told that an Amano shrimp will not breed with different types of freshwater shrimp. Is that correct? Thank you …
286 views 3 comments
looking for Caridina Typus and Caridina serratirostris
Curtis
hi guys im looking for any caridina typus and serratriostris if anyone has any please email me  happy to pay a premium. [email protected]
576 views 5 comments
Did someone say Australian native shrimp aren't as colourful as exotics?
fishmosy

4097 views 16 comments

Thanks and talk to you soon!
Cesar
SKFAquatics.com
Owner/Admin

P.S. Feel free to send me a PM or email if you have any suggestions, concerns or questions.

https://skfaquatics.com/forum/settings/?area=newsletters