looking for Caridina Typus and Caridina serratirostris

Curtis

9 minutes ago, Grubs said:

thanks mate, i don't understand why he has them labelled as ninja/chameleon, to my understanding i could be wrong.. aren't chameleon and ninja shrimp 2 different species? one being caridina serratriostris, and one being caridina sp WA4 

id really love some definite answers its so confusing these native shrimps and thier names, i really like the ones that are black with the white markings, but they are proving too hard to find ? 

in the photo on LCA website under the chameleon/ninja shrimp the pictures look to be of 3 different sp. ?

im after this one in my photo

shrimp.jpeg

Edited by Curtis

8 hours ago, Curtis said:

i don't understand why he has them labelled as ninja/chameleon, to my understanding i could be wrong.. aren't chameleon and ninja shrimp 2 different species? one being caridina serratriostris, and one being caridina sp WA4 

Our native shrimp is Caridina sp WA4. Common name being Chameleon shrimp.

It has similar characteristics as Ninja Shrimp (Caridina serratirostris) that is found elsewhere.

This is probably a case of clarifying with LCA which shrimp species they have before buying.

1 minute ago, jayc said:

Our native shrimp is Caridina sp WA4. Common name being Chameleon shrimp.

It has similar characteristics as Ninja Shrimp (Caridina serratirostris) that is found elsewhere.

This is probably a case of clarifying with LCA which shrimp species they have before buying.

I've had the ninja shrimp before I had some last year, they looked like my photo, I think serratirostris is from Queensland, we definitely have them here.