Sign in to follow this  
Tom

Welcome Tom

Tom

Shrimp Keepers Forum welcomes Tom.

Please feel free to browse around and get to know others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

View Member

regards,
skfadmin

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• Shrimpneewbie
      So i would just follow your ratio ca:mg as per your diy mix for the sulawesi? besides using ro water to dissolve it, are there any other easier ways to make it dissolve in water? And when you mean cold, is like 20celcius okay? Sorry if im wrong, pounded down as in getting a mortar and pestle and pounding it down? Sorry if im asking too much
    • Dsetz
      Finally got photos of my chimera! I'm trying to find another for sale for crossings. Or maybe offspring as people don't want to part with them.   Here is the 36 gal, mostly planted. EBB and metallic galaxies going in here today, for now. First scape. Tried a bunch of rocks to no end. Lost most of the slope. I think primordial was achieved though. 20+ plants, won't go into them unless someone asks. Been hitting them with gentle light, co2 and ferts. A ghostie just cuz.   Red onyx are gorgeous and gregarious shrimp.   Still haven't got a good photo of the emeralds and I'm sure everyone knows blue diamonds.   I'll go hunt up pics of the shrimps incoming in the future so we can compare them to actual shrimps down the road. Adios
    • jayc
      I don't keep Sulawesi shrimp. So if i buy the ingredients for it, they won't get used and will be a waste of my money. Hope you understand. If you still want to try making it look for  Calcium Chloride Dihydrate  Magnesium chloride hexahydrate  Potassium chloride    For Neos, you replace the Calcium sulphate with Calcium carbonate completely. So the formula will look like this ... Calcium carbonate CaCO3 60gm Magnesium Sulphate (Epsom Salt) MgSO4 35gm solubility of CaCO3 is a lot worse in water compared to CaSO4. The acidity in RO water will help. Cold RO water will help it dissolve more too. The CaCO3 needs to be pounded down as fine as possible to help it dissolve. 
    • Shrimpneewbie
      Do you think it would be possible if you could help by remaking one for sulawesi shrimps? and for neos do i add calcium carbonate and calcium sulphate or just use 10-20g of calcium carbonate? 
    • jayc
      Were the 2 that died the ones with Scut on them? do you have an ammonia test? Check ammonia levels. In fact, check all water parameters and let us know what your tests results are. No planaria will kill off these parasites, and that can cause a spike in ammonia with all the dead parasites. But that depends on how many of them were in the tank/substrate. Always do a water change a day after treatment.    If you still have Scut in the tank on your shrimps, a half dose of No Planaria is safer and should still be affective in dealing with parasites. I feel Genchem's dosage recommendation can be a bit too high to be honest. From a product marketing point of view, they want you to use up more than necessary and buy more, but it's not necessarily safe for all shrimps.  Always start with a half dose for anyone else reading.