Sign in to follow this  
herrwibi

Taiwan bee starter what to expect?

herrwibi

Hi All,

I'm looking to start a TB colony , i've finally manage to nail down my CRS tank and have babies that are doing well and surviving now.

I was looking into getting KK,BB and some shadow pandas. What should i expect from breeding them? 

I'm not looking to go into selective breeding i just love the colours and its more of a peaceful hobby to me. I won't be starting this project for another month or so. 

Thanks.

• Like 2

Dsetz

Ultimately your offspring are patterned/colored like it's parents, so you probably won't have incredible deviations from the panda type, although color/hue could swing a little more imo with that combo. The black lines do have potential to throw most of the other morphs as I understand it, so you might get a random down the line.

Extreme blue bolt might be worthwhile for more color.

A mixed colony is terrific fun and you never really know what the melting pot will produce. I've got a mixed colony and at least 2 unique morphs out of it this far.

• Like 2

herrwibi
3 minutes ago, Dsetz said:

Ultimately your offspring are patterned/colored like it's parents, so you probably won't have incredible deviations from the panda type, although color/hue could swing a little more imo with that combo. The black lines do have potential to throw most of the other morphs as I understand it, so you might get a random down the line.

Extreme blue bolt might be worthwhile for more color.

A mixed colony is terrific fun and you never really know what the melting pot will produce. I've got a mixed colony and at least 2 unique morphs out of it this far.

What did you started with for your mixed colony ? As I say this is a hobby and I love beautiful bright colours . It's the reason why I'm looking into Taiwan bees. 

• Like 2

Dsetz

I purchased my colony second hand within the last month. I don't really know it's history but there were for sure black and red zebras to start. They are throwing decent galaxy patters and lots of fishbones. There are a handful of red and blue bolts, not sure if they were in there to begin with or not but there are some interesting colors emerging. Check my 1 post (lol) for a couple pics.

• Like 2

sdlTBfanUK

I started with 6 blue bolts, some red ruby, red wine and 3 blue steel and this is what I got, you don't know what you may end up with (and that adds to the excitement), it all depends on the genes the shrimp carry and there is little way of knowing that when you buy them.

Good luck with it and I look forward to hopefully hearing how it goes. 

Simon

1129623490_DSC00373-Edited.thumb.jpg.551caa015fa1220025a41575a9cc7ab1.jpg726042970_DSC00507a-Edited.thumb.jpg.5d4149c88c101c9e0c24a61e0021390e.jpg

1100358751_DSC00181-Edited.jpg.5da50b096cdc29eb6ef19ff6f6c04692.jpg1931741810_DSC00384-Edited.thumb.jpg.41cfe9e3d249b240cc76d3f63cb1adc2.jpg1870498535_DSC00395-Edited.thumb.jpg.2039f043048c3048ead6d9140f313e0b.jpg

• Like 2